My pantry scab tom wash

Sugar wash info and questions

Re: My pantry scab tom wash

Postby Chocaholic » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 pm

wynnum1 wrote:Used canned tomato worked OK only problem was clearing tomato residue when finished.

wynnum1, do you mean cleaning out your fermenter? If so, you could try a hot Napisan treatment and let it soak overnight. I know a lot of homebrewers use this on their S/S equipment as well.
Chocaholic

equipment: Amphora Society PDA-1

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 am

No when clearing the wash tomato residue probably best to blend and strain the tomato first.
Only gave tomatoes a good boil with some sugar.
wynnum1

Postby googe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:05 am

What sort of recipe did you have wynum1?. How did you clear it?.
googe

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm

25 l wash 400 gram tin of whole peeled tomatoes 5 kg sugar reused the yeast from essencia super 6 ultra pure yeast wash .Teaspoon of Epsom salts.
Siphoned into clean fermenter when cleared and poured the yeast cake and tomato residue into a couple of 3 l fruit juice plastic bottles to try and clear.Put some through coffee filter
wynnum1

Postby googe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am

Thanks mate, sounds like it worked ok, good to know :handgestures-thumbupleft: .
googe

Postby googe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:03 am

Im off to run this through the maiden voyage!, it got down to .994 which the little calculator thingymebob tells me it would be 11.09400 %, is that ok?. Its all very exciting!!, feel like a kid on chrissy day :)) . Hope the still works ok and i do everything right :? Wish me luck.

Cheers
googe

Postby googe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Just put another can one down on the weekend, this time it was a can of tom and redwine with basil :laughing-rolling: , 3kg raw sugar, 1.5kg white sugar. One thing i noticed is it very violent bubble wise!, smells like bolognese :)) sg= 1070
googe

Postby ledgenko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Frstly I apologise if this question is either in the wrong forum or has been asked previously ... but if you are doing a double or triple TPW is it a matter of just doubling or tripling the ingredients ??? I have 3 x 60 litre fermentors .. and a 25l still ... semi retired and bored outa my brains !!!
ledgenko

equipment: 500 thingy ... Much to learn... Yep I know squat but can crack out a decent all grain beer

Postby MacStill » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm

ledgenko wrote:if you are doing a double or triple TPW is it a matter of just doubling or tripling the ingredients ???

Yep it's that easy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Previous

Return to Sugar wash's