Cheap malts and grains in Perth?

all about mashing and fermenting grains

Re: Cheap malts and grains in Perth?

Postby atec77 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:36 pm

Mrdatsun21 wrote:
DIYdistiller wrote:
Mrdatsun21 wrote:Anyone know where to get whole grain corn from or similar in Perth???

You can try andrew from BBS. I just emailed him and he replied. He won't be selling peated malt anymore, but if you want to order any other malt or grain he can order it provided you're willing to wait until he takes delivery. He recons he gets deliveries every fortnight, so maybe try him.

The other person is TWOC. They aren't cheap, but they have a massive range. Roy is also very helpful, I've found anyway.

Cheers for that mate.

Would pop corn work? Plenty of places sell that by the KG.

it should but I find the local produce has crackd corm/maise @ $<25.00 a bag normally , have you checked ?
atec77

equipment: Reflux
4 plate
6 plate

Re: Cheap malts and grains in Perth?

Postby 2deadly.308 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:02 pm

I'm transitioning into the AG realm and am loving it.

Where's the go to places for y'all to get ya cheap malts and grain in Perth these days?

Brewmart have some specials on a couple of coopers malts this month. BrewHQ seem to be out of stock on a lot of things at the moment.

I am SOR so Anketell stockfeeds is my go to for unmodified grains like wheat and corn.

Got a few farmer mates that I can get barley off but by the time I pay for fuel to drive out bush it seems hardly worthwhile.
2deadly.308

equipment: .

50L keg boiler, 4800W

2" Potty

2" reflux

4" potty

4" 6 plate glass bubbler + 500mm packed section

Positive Mental Attitude

No friends

Previous

Return to The Mash tun