Stainless Steel Scourers

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Stainless Steel Scourers

Postby Damo75 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi

Just want to know what people are using in the way of brand for their packing. I have bought 3 different packs of scourers and everyone is magnetic but some say they are rust proof. I don't know what to use and don't want to stuff up my new 2 inch Boka I'm building.

Thanks

Damien
Damo75

equipment: SS Reflux Still on 25l boiler, 2" Boka on 50l Keg

Re: Stainless Steel Scourers

Postby darbwah » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm

i bought the 10 pack from bunnings and they havent rusted. they are magnetic and im not blind or dead yet. not sure of brand but i think they were the only ones there
darbwah

equipment: 2" boka. 50l keg boiler. 2200w

Postby audistiller » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Its like everything else though, its the long term side affects that are the problem, that's when you say, shit I wish I never did that.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby Damo75 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm

darbwah wrote:i bought the 10 pack from bunnings and they havent rusted. they are magnetic and im not blind or dead yet. not sure of brand but i think they were the only ones there

Thanks Darbwah I will have a look at bunnings tomorrow. I'm new with the packing side of things, I use the saddles in my existing still now I'm making a real still I need the real packing. :smile:
Damo75

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm

If you are at all worried,I'm sure Mac used the ones from bunnings,and he's not dead yet :handgestures-thumbupleft: PM 5Star,I'm pretty sure he has copper packing,I may be wrong :teasing-tease: but won't hurt to ask :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby SBB » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Big Don wrote:I'm sure Mac used the ones from bunnings,and he's not dead yet :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Have ya seen the size of those scars on his gut though BD,,,,,,,,,were they pulled the rotton bits out????? ;-)
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

SBB wrote:
Big Don wrote:I'm sure Mac used the ones from bunnings,and he's not dead yet :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Have ya seen the size of those scars on his gut though BD,,,,,,,,,were they pulled the rotton bits out????? ;-)

I can assure you nothing grog or distilling related was the cause of that scar :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Some grades of SS are slightly magnetic, If in doubt get copper packing from 5Star & if he dont got it you can get it from Amphora ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Damo75 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for the help I'll try the bunnings ones and if they rust I'll go the copper ones from 5Star.
Damo75

Return to Beginners Questions