my first tomatoe paste wash

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

my first tomatoe paste wash

Postby marbaker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 am

hi folks just doing my first tomatoe paste wash just done my cuts took my first 400ml off and i can get a faint smell of tomatoe paste is this right and i just tasted it and it tastes a bit like bannana sweet ? and it comeing out at 94% am i doing it right thanks marbaker
marbaker

Re: my first tomatoe paste wash

Postby maheel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am

yeah i reckon 1st run it often has a bit of a tomato smell (i can taste i think)

let it air a day and see maybe

i strip mine and then do a spirit run, i find this the best way to get very clean stuff.
i know it seems to take a long time but worth the effort IMO

whats the middle of the hearts like ?
maheel

Postby SBB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm

I get a sweet pineapple kinda smell in the early stages of mine.......I think what ya tasting and smelling is something in the Heads...the exact component eludes me right now, in other words your not into the hearts yet. Just my opinion after a long day in the shed and a couple too many rums.
SBB
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:57 pm

SBB wrote:I get a sweet pineapple kinda smell in the early stages of mine.......I think what ya tasting and smelling is something in the Heads...the exact component eludes me right now, in other words your not into the hearts yet. Just my opinion after a long day in the shed and a couple too many rums.
SBB

Yeah I tend to agree SBB, but given time airing that smell/taste can improve a lot in late heads ;)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby marbaker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

thanks mcstill and sbb, i left it to air over night it smells a lot better now so im going to fillter it then see what the result is thanks again for your comments much appreciated.marbaker
marbaker

Return to Beginners Questions