Stuffed up UJSM :(

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Stuffed up UJSM :(

Postby SBB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Tried my first spirit run of UJSM with the pot still a bit over about 2 weeks ago. Its been on oak for about 8 days, Thought Id have a taste today..... :puke-huge: :puke-huge: :puke-huge: Ive either run the still too hard, stuffed up badly with my cuts or accidentally tipped a jar of tails into it. All I can taste is tails :(.
Im thinking I should get the oak out of it ASAP...then run it back through the pot with another 20-30 liters of UJSM wash as a stripping run. will this salvage it or should I just chuck it and start again???? The good news is I have back up supplies from the bubbler that are getting better by the day.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: Stuffed up UJSM :(

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Put it to rest as a long term project on the oak its in, try it again in 12 months and I'd say you'll be pleasantly surprised :)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Beginners Questions