Gluten Free ???

All flavoring discussions go here.

Re: Gluten Free ???

Postby NotBenStiller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for that link grump - i'd not seen ACV mentioned before. I'll give it a go - would be good to get off the skin creams - it's about the only regular medication i use these days.

I've come to the conclusion that wheat is not healthy for anyone - and more and more people are having their bodies react more. wheat has been bred, rebred, inbred, exposed to industrial mutagens, bred back again and inbred again - all to get more yield faster and more resistant. it no longer is the same grain we as humans started eating after we stopped being hunter gatherers and i think that's starting to show.

Having for the past 10 years thinking i was wheat or gluten intolerant, and testing negative to celiac, i've recently discovered that if i eat tiny amounts in the mornings - just little snacks through out (small handful of cashews - half a nut bar, a few rice crackers with cheese) i have no gut problems - even if something does contain wheat/gluten.
So i'm now off the stomach meds - and after so long with no wheat in the diet if o do eat any large amount i get a different reaction - my guts fill with gas toot toot

i don't think milk is good either - we make almond milk
i don't think i have a problem with soy sauce if it's a proper fermented one.
Google up how soy milk is made - it's horrifying what chemicals are used - unfortunately i fell for the marking tricks early in my life and drank a fair bit of it
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby grumpthehermit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm

No worries.

I drink almond milk now instead of soy. How do you make yours? The So Good one is very watery ... I wish it was creamy / thicker.

Woolies up here in QLD sell ACV made by Macro Foods, it's organic and is cloudy so it has what they call "the mother" in it which is supposed to be the best for drinking. I go through a bottle a week and it costs less than $5.00 :handgestures-thumbupleft:

My rash started in my early 20's and has been with me ever since, I've tried every cream and lotion I could find, nothing ever really sorted it out.

I'm also taking vitamins etc. I am taking - Iron, Vit C, Zinc, Evening Primrose Oil and Fish Oil and Magnesium once daily.

Water is also a big factor, Trying to make sure I drink 2L a day at work.

Wheat is hard to avoid, if it interests you check out corn too ... Look up "Food Inc" it is a documentary on the use of corn in the American food industry. SCARY !!! :shock:

Cheers
GTH
grumpthehermit

Postby NotBenStiller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 pm

grumpthehermit wrote:No worries.

I drink almond milk now instead of soy. How do you make yours? The So Good one is very watery ... I wish it was creamy / thicker.

1/2 or 1 cup of almonds soaked in water in the fridge over nite
Drain, then chuck in a blender with some fresh water and blend blend blend (we have a crappy blender so takes a while -5 minutes maybe - Getting a better one soon so should be better)
strain thru 2 or 4 layers of muslin and dilute to your desired thickness/wateryness.
can add dates or cinnamon etc for added flavour)

I'll have a look at woollies then, cheers
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Previous

Return to Flavoring