citrus liqueur

All flavoring discussions go here.

citrus liqueur

Postby googe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hey all, been trying to get recipes off the missus (shes an aromatherapist) using essential oils and she finally come up with the goods :). Lots of recipes i will be trying over the next few weeks or so. Just waiting for her to get home with some Anisette so i can make a sambuka type one. Started with citrus liqueur today.

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 cups 40% neutral spirit
2 drops of lemmon essence
2 drops lime essence
3 drops orange essence

Make the sugar syrup. Add the drops to the neutral spirit and shake well. Add to the sugar syrup when it just warm. Store in a sealed bottle or whatever for a week. I had to try some straight away :D , very yummy!!!. Would be very nice on a hot day on the rocks!.

WARNING, do not use essential oils if you dont know what your doing!!.
googe

Re: citrus liqueur

Postby mullamulla » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Noice, going to have to give this'n a go, sounds tasty.

mullamulla

equipment: 2" Slant Plate Boka LM
-- Loading 2" Pot Still --
[#########------------]

Postby googe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

:laughing-rolling:
googe

Postby crow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 am

Ok I was going to do lemoncello for the girls at Xmas but the neighbours lemon tree got raided (no not by me) but she said I could have as many grapefruit as I wanted , soooo guess what I'm trying just had a taste after only a few days (maybe 4) man this is go to be one cool chicky babe drink
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Crows pantie remover ;-)
googe

Postby Kimbo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm

googe wrote:Crows pantie remover ;-)

Only when he drinks alone :mrgreen:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby crow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Kimbo wrote:
googe wrote:Crows pantie remover ;-)

Only when he drinks alone :mrgreen:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :shock: just looking at this lappy for one of them built in carmera jobbies
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Mankind could not think of a rating high enough to classify that sort of viewing! x_x
googe

Postby crow » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:23 am

right I did the limoncello but only a small batch as I had to buy the lemons (for heaps) so I did the same thing with the grapefruit , stuffs not to bad, as far as chick drinks go. yeah guess if ya wanted to keep the Italian theme going yad call it Pompelocello :laughing-rolling:
crow

Return to Flavoring