raspberry liqueur

All flavoring discussions go here.

raspberry liqueur

Postby googe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 pm

2 cups whole raspberries
1 1/2 cups of sugar syrup
2 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups 40% neutral
steep for 2 weeks, filter, add the syrup and essence. just had a taste without aging, very yummy :handgestures-thumbupleft: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Re: raspberry liqueur

Postby crow » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

Looks good but how sweet is it , does sound like a lot of sugar
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby unsub » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 am

I'm doing almost exactly the same thing. I've had about 4 litres of neutral soaking with a kilo of raspberries for about a week so far and it's looking and smelling awesome. I also had a taste last night and it's pretty nice but needs a little more sweetness. I was thinking of using sugar syrup or a can of raspberries in syrup to bump up the sweetness a bit.

I also read on another forum that adding a little lemon juice will help preserve the colour and flavour.

cheers

unsub
unsub

equipment: 4" 5 Plate Column

Postby googe » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 am

It's not to sweet crow, dunno if the dry sort of taste from the berries has taken some of the sweetness away :think: . You'll love unsub, best I've tasted :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Put a mixed berrie one down , last night, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, smells and looks awesome!.
googe

Postby crow » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am

Yep just for something different I've use black cherries in syrup added a little maple syrup give it four or five days awsome cherry vodka :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:10 pm

This ones, raspberry, blackberry and boySenberry, very tasty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Return to Flavoring