Lollipop Vodka

All flavoring discussions go here.

Lollipop Vodka

Postby R-sole » Thu May 12, 2011 5:34 am

A great little trick for prettying up your nuetral. 8-)

Step 1;

Take one Chupa Chup or other cheap lollipop of your choice of flavour. Place in a bag and bash witha hammer to crack into a few pieces and remove the plastic stick.
Pour the pieces into a 700 of vodka/nuetral.
Shake now and then as you walk past for a day or two till it's all dissolved and gone an opaque lolly colour.

You now have a vodka that tastes like your Chupa Chup, whether it be apple or orange or cola.

Optional step 2;

Get you to a supermarket and in the cake baking aisle, find the little pack of food colouring that has the three primary colours in dripper bottles and the colour chart with how many drops to make all the rainbow on the back.
Gussy up your Lolly Vodka to be as bright and garish as you like. :ugeek:

Optional Step 3;

Get you to a girlie party where all the bright young sparkly things are and ply them with a mixture of your Lolly Vodka and lemonade. It'll go down a treat ;) ;)
(for quicker results use 50% neutral)

I am also assured this works with many other lollies from Redskins to Skittles. Fruit Tingles may be a good one to try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Re: Lollipop Vodka

Postby reknaw » Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 am

Sounds good, I have done the redskin one found it was a pain getting the vegtable gum out of it though (coffee filter did'nt work that well, cotton wool is needed as well)....... Chuppa Chumps is a good idea, do they disolve totally or do they leave a vegtable gum residue?
reknaw

Postby R-sole » Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 am

Completely clear as you can see. That one is gussied up with a couple of drops of food colouring for effect.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby fields » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 pm

I've done the skittle one before - separating out by colour, the purple and red end up looking the same but tasting different, you just have to filter them through filter paper to get rid of the skittle residue... looks good on the bar with all the colours of the rainbow
fields

equipment: 50L 2" Boka LM Reflux Still
looking to get rid of:
5L super reflux still
25 L CM still

Postby Sam. » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Skittles are good, we created a shot a my bar called "The Brain" 3/4 Yellow Skittle Mix and slowly top up with Baileys.

If you havent already guessed it is called the brain because the baileys curdles and balls up looking like a brain! ;)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby QLD.Andy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I am going to try Musk Sticks after being up Tamborine Mountain today and trying theirs it gave me ideas :clap:
I will report back after the weekend.
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby The Pope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:31 pm

How'd you go with the Musk sticks?
I'd love to give this a go. Hoping you have already tried it first hehe
The Pope

equipment: None yet

Postby QLD.Andy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Mrs QLD say's YUMMY viewtopic.php?f=23&t=780 as do a few friends :dance:
QLD.Andy

Postby Frank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:57 pm

QLD.Andy wrote:Mrs QLD say's YUMMY viewtopic.php?f=23&t=780 as do a few friends :dance:

So...Andy
all this lolly water recipe stuff, and your link, has me a bit confused (yep, again :crazy: )

(if its not a personal question BTW) can I presume Mrs QLD is NOT a "big, black man friend" of yours?
or is there something perhaps you'd like to share with your openminded friends here??? ;)

Oh, and BTW is the vodka 'sickly sweet'?
Frank

Postby MacStill » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Frank wrote:
(if its not a personal question BTW) can I presume Mrs QLD is NOT a "big, black man friend" of yours?
or is there something perhaps you'd like to share with your openminded friends here??? ;)

Yeah :think:

:text-lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby SBB » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:02 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Kimbo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Hmmm.....! My thoughts exactly :shock: :?
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby QLD.Andy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:20 pm

No, Mrs QLD is not a big black man :roll:
Nor is there anything to reveal here. :?
My reply about the big black friend was in relation to devotus saying he could sneak a drink without diminishing his manhood :shifty:
You really are a sick bunch :teasing-neener:
Oh and no the musk stick vodka is not sickly sweet but its too sweet for my taste.
QLD.Andy

Postby krusey » Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 pm

you blokes should do a redskin vodka. 1 packet of redskin's to 2 litres of vodka and it is bloody good according to the girls, after they dissolve you just need to filter the fatty stuff left over from red skins before drinking and walla beautiful with lemonade and just as good straight having shots between beers

Cheers Krusey
krusey

equipment: 3 inch VM still on a 50 litre beer keg boiler, and a 25 litre essensia hbs reflux CM style rig

Postby Citris » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm

I just made this using some of the Starburst lollipops (Only ones they had). needed a min of 8 for 700ml bottle to make it taste OK, 6 wasn't enough (only got 6 grape out of 6 bags of lollipops WTF!) but the strawberry one was good (with 8 pops) The Mrs absolutly loved it. But we found that it evaporates reallt quickly, every time she got up, when she came back it had all disappeared... :think:
Citris

equipment: Local HBS Kit - Not sure yet...

Postby mullamulla » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Just bought a 56 pack of mini Chupa Chups for 6 bucks so I guess we're going to be pissing rainbows soon :))

Do the Creamy flavours work as well? or do they go cloudy or something :think:
mullamulla

equipment: 2" Slant Plate Boka LM
-- Loading 2" Pot Still --
[#########------------]

Postby NotBenStiller » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 pm

mullamulla wrote:Do the Creamy flavours work as well? or do they go cloudy or something :think:

Guess nobody knows - sacrifice 500mL of your vodka for us and let us know :teasing-neener:
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby mullamulla » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Shall do :handgestures-thumbupleft:

mullamulla

equipment: 2" Slant Plate Boka LM
-- Loading 2" Pot Still --
[#########------------]

Postby MacStill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 pm

NotBenStiller wrote:
mullamulla wrote:Do the Creamy flavours work as well? or do they go cloudy or something :think:

Guess nobody knows - sacrifice 500mL of your vodka for us and let us know :teasing-neener:

I'd say it will go a bit cloudy, but if tastes good does it really matter?
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby googe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

sam_and_liv wrote:Skittles are good, we created a shot a my bar called "The Brain" 3/4 Yellow Skittle Mix and slowly top up with Baileys.

If you havent already guessed it is called the brain because the baileys curdles and balls up looking like a brain! ;)

We've got one called the brain hemorrage, peach schnapes , baileys and a few drops of grenadine syrup. Bloody yummy but disturbing looking :))
googe

Next

Return to Flavoring