Apple Pie

All flavoring discussions go here.

Apple Pie

Postby Nightram » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:47 pm

I made some of this, I thought it was alright straight slight heated. The partner not such a fan.

Later on in the night I offered it to a mate, he didn't ask how to have it so be just mixed it with coke. Surprisingly not bad, not bad with lemonade as a mixer either.

I do have a question or two though, how we'll does it keep? Do the sugars in the apple juice ferment or is the sugar and alcohol content high enough to stop it?
Nightram

equipment: Turbo 500

Re: Apple Pie

Postby MtnMoonshiner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 am

To be honest, it normally gets drunk before I think it would have a chance to spoil. But, it's also mixed with an alcohol that's such a high proof I don't think it would spoil.

I'd never thought about mixing it with anything else, but I think I'll try it! Thanks!
MtnMoonshiner

equipment: 50 gallon (roughly 190L) copper pot still, with a 10 gallon (roughly 38L) thump keg, as well as a 20 gallon still with 5 gallon(roughly 19L) thump keg for small specialized runs, and experimentation.

Postby Dusty_ben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 am

Read this thread a few times. Still Unsure on what cider you guys use. Tried sweet strongbows for one batch n one batch of a cider called 48. Strongbows was ok but beery. And 48 was ok but missed the apple flavour.
What do you guys use?
Chees dover
Dusty_ben

equipment: 50l keg boiler with a mac built 2" pot still. Also a cheap stainless 2" reflux from eBay

Postby huggy_b » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Dusty_ben wrote:Read this thread a few times. Still Unsure on what cider you guys use. Tried sweet strongbows for one batch n one batch of a cider called 48. Strongbows was ok but beery. And 48 was ok but missed the apple flavour.
What do you guys use?
Chees dover

American "cider" = cloudy apple juice here in Australia - I wouldn't use alcoholic cider, wouldn't taste right (as you've mentioned).

I also cut back on the sugar a bit personally or its a bit sickly for my tastes.....or we cut it back with a little soda water cos the girls seem to like it a lot sweeter than me and my mates do.
huggy_b

equipment: 4" glasser (5 plates)

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Dusty_ben wrote:Read this thread a few times. Still Unsure on what cider you guys use. Tried sweet strongbows for one batch n one batch of a cider called 48. Strongbows was ok but beery. And 48 was ok but missed the apple flavour.
What do you guys use?
Chees dover

The harvey fresh stuff will see you right Ben :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Previous

Return to Flavoring