pot still help

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

pot still help

Postby brewster2 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:39 pm

couple of years ago got some 4 5 and 6 inch copper pie aim was make some pot stills i have a 5 star bubbler with 3 inch sights bought from founder mac 7 or 8 years ago when he was in maddington.could not meet a nicer helpful and smart dude. anyway progreesed with the build using bunnings and bottled gas.have had heath issues both shoulder joints and aortic valve replaced. problem i took bunnings bottle back i could never seem to get enough heat in welds to make silver solder flow. i need some assistance please from a local or a skilled person who has the right gear to finish job i still have4 /6 inch pipe left over to swap or will pay a reasonable fee to finish the job .the govenment in their wisdom took away my pension and health care card 23 months ago .shares went up shares got shorted. i am in mandurah wa 72 yrs and can can travel.any offers of assistance appreciated thanks brewster2
brewster2

equipment: 5 star bubbler

Re: pot still help

Postby atec77 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:15 pm

any weld shop can assist or use the yellow gas bottle from Bunnings , remember it has limitations when heating a lot of copper but for most uses is
sufficient to silver solder up to 3", 4"may need additional heating but can be done
good luck and have fun
Last edited by atec77 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atec77

equipment: Reflux
4 plate
6 plate

Re: pot still help

Postby brewster2 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:34 pm

thanks atec 77 yes did not explain clear enough i need to silver solder 5 and 6 inch copper i believe i need someone with oxy/accet and skill this pipe acts as a heat sink thanks in anticipation brewster ps its 90% finished
brewster2

equipment: 5 star bubbler

Return to Accessories