Gday everyone

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Gday everyone

Postby bing » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Im a complete novice when it comes to this subject but very interesed to giveit a go. I am attempting to build my fist still today from plans I got from moonshine-still.com. Can any body tell me if this design is a goodstart for a beginner. I will be usinga 50ltr keg gas heated.
Cheers
bing

equipment: 2"internal reflux column liebig condenser. currently under constuction

Re: Gday everyone

Postby maheel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

do you mean this ?

i would say stop right now and do some more research

consider a boka or a valved VM Vapor management still using a triclamp easy flange for the keg
maheel

Postby maheel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm

kegs are great and are so easy once set up, thats a great choice :handgestures-thumbupleft: .

the design you might have chosen is not "world class" and can be a challenge to run with any real reflux control

also tell us what you might l;like to drink (what product you want) then we can offer some guidance to the best options

welcome to the forum
maheel

Postby stubbydrainer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 pm

G'day Bing
welcome to our little corner of the interweb :teasing-neener:

Yeah, Maheel is right , stay away from that design :handgestures-thumbdown: , Noah traded in the ark in on one of those, there's heaps better around now :-D

as maheel said, tell us what you ultimately want to make/drink , and advice will be free flowing for you , then you can at least have an educated guess :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Main thing is....enjoy yourself (this place is often good for a laugh) and you could learn something along the way :geek:

Cheers
Stubs
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby SBB » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:44 pm

G'day Bing
Just had a quick look at the still designs on that site and it covers a few varieties and a fair bit of ground, cant work out wheather your going for a pot still or a reflux. The two differnt stills will do very differnt jobs. As others have said.....let us know what it is you want to build and what you like to drink before cutting up that copper pipe.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Kimbo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Gday Bing,
welcome to the forum mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Return to Welcome Centre