New Meat

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New Meat

Postby Gr8brewer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 am

Hey folks I would like to introduce myself I'm on all the usual distilling forums but mostly lurk about reading. I'm not an overly chatty fellow and usually don't chime in too much. I do like the atmosphere here it seems friendly forward thinking. I love the word cunt and found this post to be a welcoming and refreshing. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1099&p=12693&hilit=cunt#p12693

Okay a little about me and my setup. I spent 9 years in the submarine navy as years went by I found myself becoming more and more liberal in my ideals had a son and became friends with a brewer, I decided to to get out of the navy and go to the Siebel Institute and have not looked back since. Been brewing for 17 years now. I don't have a pension from the navy and cant afford to live too long as it is now but I did get to see my son grow up instead of punching holes in the ocean.

My setup consists of 3-87L fermenters a Mashtun big enough to mash 50kilos of malt and a direct steam cereal cooker big enough to cook 12kilos of corn. I have a simple pot still and prefer whiskey but I also run feints through a 2inch 1.5M column.

In the process of building a 4' tray column haven't decided on a tray design yet but more and likely I am going to make it so i can make more than one design and play around.
Gr8brewer

equipment: 2" x 60 " VM. 2" potstill. Electric Power. 4" trays. On the way

Re: New Meat

Postby Icarus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:50 am

A warm welcome to our forum Gr8brewer. You will find plenty of great members always willing to provide advise if needed.

Icarus
Icarus

equipment: Various

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Great to have you here G8B,honestly,we are a bunch of friendly chaps :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby hoppy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Welcome to the forum G8B

Plenty of free flowing laughs and friendly advice, pull up a chair :dance: :dance:

Cheers Hoppy :mrgreen:
hoppy

Location: UP THE DONGER A FEW HUNDRED KLICS WEST FROM THE BIG SMOKE
equipment: 50mm copper pure distilling reflux 50mm pot still

25 ltr electric boiler with voltage controller
location SA

Postby Kimbo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:14 pm

hi Gr8brewer,
good to have you here, i dont mind a few eff's & cee's my self :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby stubbydrainer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Hiya G8B
It's always good to see new faces here, because we all members of a great brains trust we can all draw on
and were a fukin friendly bunch of cunts to boot :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Return to Welcome Centre