Hey Guys and Gals

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hey Guys and Gals

Postby audistiller » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am

I live in the Northwest of WA, but am currently in Perth after having a small operation. I don't yet have any gear, but I am on a mission to raise funds to buy a T500 asap. For those interested in good cheap glass bottles, IKEA have loads of them for $1.50ea. They are the swing top type, and I think they are around the 750ml mark.

Cant wait to get the T500 and get crackin...
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Re: Hey Guys and Gals

Postby maheel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 am

Hi AUdistiller

welcome to the forum

i notice your thinking of a t500 and although they are good / ok in WA you have a clever still builder that may have something better than a T5oo and give you a lot more options...

here on the forum we are not into "advertising for sales" so you need to contact them :) but this link might point you to a WA local you can help if your interested.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1209

he may also let you know who else in WA builds things ?

it would be worth the research i reckon to get ideas about other options

Maheel
maheel

Postby SBB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 am

Welcome to the forum AU
Before rushing out and buying a store bought still it may pay to have a good look around the forum and have a look at the different options open to you .
Many of us started with similar stills but soon moved on to bigger n better things.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby audistiller » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for that gents.

Great work and some awesome gear there, but probably a bit overkill for distilling water aye :D
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby Kimbo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 am

Gday Audistiller,
welcome to our friendly forum, you will get plenty of help, support and laughs here mate.
hope you enjoy your stay :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:47 am

You'll definately get the laughs AU :handgestures-thumbupleft: have a bit of a look around the site mate and decide what you want to make before rushing out buying HBSC,plenty of blokes on here to help you on your journey :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby maheel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 pm

fish pissed in that water at some point, i suggest adding sugar and yeast etc to insure sterilization before distilling it.... 8-}

audistiller wrote:Thanks for that gents.

Great work and some awesome gear there, but probably a bit overkill for distilling water aye :D
maheel

Postby SBB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Check out the following link AU http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1275#unread you'd be way better of buying that instead of a T500........provided transport costs are reasonable.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Return to Welcome Centre