Hi everyone

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi everyone

Postby shevs » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Have been learning so much from the knowledgeable people on this forum for some time now and thought it was time to introduce myself. I bought a pure distilling reflux still from the hbs. I can already here a lot of you saying i haven't really learnt much at all. But other than the first turbo that I did have been having great results with TPW and have done about 15 runs so far. I like to drink bourbon and have already started saving for a pot still to make flavored spirits, hopefully won't be to long. Thanks again for all the help and I hope to one day be able to contribute some meaningful information to the group.
Thanks Shevs
shevs

equipment: Pure distilling reflux still

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Doubleuj » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Gday Shevs, we all have to start somewhere :handgestures-thumbupleft: i started with a hbs still too.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Professor Green » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Welcome Shevs.

Many of us started out with HBS rigs. If you run it right and do your cuts, you'll get some good booze out of it but you might find you outgrow it's capabilities at some point. Upgrading to a pot for your flavoured spirits is a great idea. If you're looking for something "off the shelf", skip the HBS offerings and look at what 5 Star have to offer. The 2" pot is a great bit of kit and will most likely fit on your HBS boiler (with the aid of an adapter). It's definitely worth saving your pennies for.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby woodduck » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 am

Hi mate and welcome aboard.

Nothing wrong with humble beginnings mate, most of us started with rigs like yours. Some people run these rigs for years and like what they produce so there's nothing to worry about.

All the best
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Sam. » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Welcome here mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Welcome Centre