Hey Folks

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hey Folks

Postby BlasphemousB » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Having lurked here for the longest time I finally decided to sign up and now Doing the Welcome Post thing.

I've been all-grain brewing and growing hops for the past 15 years, growing my own grapes for the past 10. Found that no one likes the IPA's and Cabernet I love to drink so could never get through a batch of beer or wine before it soured.

Have always aspired to get out of my desk job and produce alcohol as either a career or the very minimum a side hussle.

Recently decided to stop talking about it made the switch to Whisky and Brandy. Bought a cheapy 3" Bubble Plate off of our Chinese friends to dabble to try the hopefully going legit one day.

I've thrown down a few batches already and have been researching forums and textbooks. My sense of smell is pretty under developed so making cuts is easy but the blending is definitely a challenge! Especially on the Bubble Plate where most of the literature is on Pot Still operation.

Anyways, Hi All!
BlasphemousB

equipment: 3" 5 Plate Bubbler (glass and modular) on a 35L Brewzilla

Re: Hey Folks

Postby Wellsy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Welcome blas

Don’t stress about the bubbler mate, cuts are all about what you like and what you can taste.

Just as you enjoyed your other products and realised that was all that reallymattered distilling is much the same

I hope you are surviving lock down 6
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Hey Folks

Postby BlasphemousB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:58 am

Wellsy wrote:I hope you are surviving lock down 6

Haha! Yeah half the reason I'm getting so much mashing and distilling done is because of there being nothing else to do. I was meant to be touring Tassie around this time.
BlasphemousB

equipment: 3" 5 Plate Bubbler (glass and modular) on a 35L Brewzilla

Return to Welcome Centre