G'day from Old Bar NSW

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day from Old Bar NSW

Postby Hans Landa » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:44 am

Hello.
I am muddling my way along as a newbie in this fascinating hobby. Have made a couple of things that have pleased me but am always on the lookout to learn new tricks or techniques. Appreciate being able to join this community.

thanks
Hans Landa

equipment: bokabob, pot still

Re: G'day from Old Bar NSW

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:02 pm

G'Day Hans, :handgestures-thumbupleft:

First welcome to the forum mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: have a read read and did I say read of the threads on this forum as it will give you a great insight into this hobby and how about showing a pic or two of your setup mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Beato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi Hans, welcome to the community.
I am only a stones throw away from where you live over in Gloucester.
You have come to the right place if you want to learn and make this a very rewarding hobby.
Beato

equipment: FSD 4” Copper Bubbler with SS packed section on a keg boiler with 4800 wasps

Postby Wellsy » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 am

Welcome Hans
The newbie section is a fantastic starting point mate. So are the tried and true recipes.
Have fun and remember when things are working as they should sometimes we are better off walking away as this is meant to be fun.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Professor Green » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am

Welcome to AD Hans.

As the others have already said, there's plenty of great info in the newbies section.

You have a boka and a pot still so I imagine you are making a range of spirits, is there any particular area of your distilling that you are looking to improve?

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Welcome Centre