Hello everyone

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello everyone

Postby Whybeawineo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:07 pm

Hey all Dylan from Sydney kinda a newbie to distilling ATM I have no still I used to own one of those cranky man eBay units till someone decided they wanted it more so here I am looking around for a new unit and stumbled across this awesome place I see quite a few horror post from the old cranky man so I won't be going that route again Im here to look and learn and hopefully I'll be able to acquire a new unti while im at it cheers
Whybeawineo

equipment: Only still I've Ran. Is a cranky eBay cm still

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:56 pm

Firstly decide on what you want to predominantly produce. Neutral or brown spirits. Then give Andrew at five star a call mate. He will give you honest reliable advice. Five star gear is a little dearer but there is no comparison when it comes the quality, five star gear is superb but I am biased lol
Welcome mate have fun
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Whybeawineo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Thank you for the kind welcome mate I have been looking at 5stars stuff for a few days just having trouble deciding which route to take I will mostly being be making neutral to flavour myself but in saying that I would love to make my own whiskey/rum I've done a fair bit of reading so I somewhat know what I don't want I know that's a bit backwards but yea 8liters a minute to run a bokka for 15od hours just doesn't seem fun to me I have used a cm still to great success so I'm sort of leaning that there easy To run and I can use it as a pot still if taking the packing out of the column sorry for the going ons but I'm so darn stuck ATM also I'm not apposed to building my own
Whybeawineo

equipment: Only still I've Ran. Is a cranky eBay cm still

Postby Carol » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi Dylan

Welcome to AD.

See my thread on my 5star 2" boka and pot.

I have an efficient system which produces high quality spirits - it does take a while - but not 15 hours for a spirit run!

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Or you can talk to Andrew who knows lots more than me!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12638

Cheers
carol
Carol
Mentor

equipment: Still Spirits Air Still
FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)
FSD 2" pot still ( aka Natasha)

Postby Professor Green » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 am

Welcome to AD Dylan.

It's definitely worth having a chat with Andrew at 5 Star and discussing your options as budget, amount of room in which you have to distil and how much booze you want to make will all need to be considered.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Welcome Centre