Gday from Melburn

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: Gday from Melburn

Postby Wobbegong » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Bit of an update on how it's all going...

Boilers all done,
got a reflux/pot combo from a guy in Redcliffe QLD, bokabob style still.. Have since run 90ltrs of TPW through it .. Discarded the first run and took some cuts out of the second run, at the same time as all this happened, my old girl was down to meet my daughter, she had a crack at some neutral with some flavourings and said it was the smoothest home brew shes ever tasted... Not much of a compliment from ya mother , aswell as someone whos probably never tasted distilled alcohol thats had some form of cuts taken from it.

Anyways, me and the missus are chuffed, have a bit of cheap drink that doesnt seem to give us a nasty hangover....

Today i put down 110ltrs of CFW, with some nutrigrain in each fermenter cos why not?

SG is 1090 on one and 1085 on the other, planning strip them both and maybe do a spirit run? would be nice if theres going to be enough there to do a spirit run otherwise might strip one and add low wines to the second and do a low and slow.

Want to put some of this stuff away for XMAS so will keep 1lltr to drink for now and put the rest away.. Thinking about getting 2 more 60ltr fermenters... hmm hmm

Also, i cut the top off the other keg i had and used that as the "mash pot" I was not completely focused and grabbed a Poly/Cotton combo cloth to use as an "oven mitt" I felt it sizzling and dropped 15ltrs of cornflake wash onto the floor of the shed, fortunately just a very small blister ... An inexpensive lesson in the scheme of things,

Monday morning at work i'll be grabbing a bit of 1" tube and a couple clips to weld to the side of the vessell, was pretty careless thinking i could pick up a boiling stainless pot from the bottom with a synthetic rag. like i said, inexpensive lesson as i CAN go to work tomorrow, :doh:

Once i work out how to get photo's on to this forum, ill transfer some pics from my phone and share my setup etc.
Wobbegong

equipment: 2" boka
2" pot
50ltr keg boiler
FSD controller
IBC cooling system

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre