Hi from Melbourne

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Melbourne

Postby Golly » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:21 am

Hi All,
I've been a member here for a few months now and so I thought I had already done my intro! my bad.

Started off as a homebrewer and have gotten into distilling after seeing some elderflower liqueur for $80 and thinking to myself, "surely I can make that for a hell of a lot less!"
So, started doing some research, stumbled onto this site like a year ago and ended up buying a 4inch 6 plate modular copper still from somebody in QLD. Absolutely love it and I try to run it once a week to build up some drinking stock. It’s been 4 months now and I still havent made that elderflower liqueur, but I have made a lot of great gin and am working on getting some rum on wood too.
Big thank you to everyone who has posted so much great knowledge. Hopefully I will be able to add something to the conversation too.

Golly
Last edited by The Stig on Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove advertising
Golly

equipment: None yet. Looking at buying the Kegland Reflux still to run ontop of the Brewzilla 65L

Re: Hi from Melbourne

Postby Wellsy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:02 pm

Welcome aboard Golly
That someone in Queensland has some awesome stuff and it sounds like you jumped straight I. At the deep end. Some great distilleries around melb to inspire you
Brogan’s way in Richmond is worth a visit , omg their still looks amazing
Enjoy the ride mate
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre