Hello, I'm Naccas

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello, I'm Naccas

Postby Bnaccas76 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:02 pm

3rd Generation...with little clue!

G'day people! Here to learn more and toss around ideas. Distilling has been in my family (Yugoslav) for years but I'm relatively new. Running Turbo 500 and TPW just for a few years. Hoping to up quality and quantity over the next year.

Hoping for advice on larger still...100L ideal.
Also looking for the best mandarin and cherry liquor recipe for friends and family/presents etc.
Bnaccas76

equipment: Turbo 500 and a DIY version of the same thing!
DIY Filter etc. Mainly liquers and scotch for me

Re: Hello, I'm Naccas

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Naccas :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Mate put in your location as it is a big world mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now mandarin and cherries are still on my bucket list to do and EC1118 yeast is your friend for doing fruit wash's :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now as bigger still will depend on actually where you are but the 5 star range is second to none and a 100 litre milk can boiler would be the nuts but depending on your budget.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:18 am

Welcome Naccas
As a brand new user a couple of years ago I was lucky to buy 5star equipment which made the journey much smoother. Lots to consider before you spend any money mate.
Lots here to help you on your journey
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Bnaccas76 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:40 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Welcome to the forum Naccas :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Mate put in your location as it is a big world mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now mandarin and cherries are still on my bucket list to do and EC1118 yeast is your friend for doing fruit wash's :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now as bigger still will depend on actually where you are but the 5 star range is second to none and a 100 litre milk can boiler would be the nuts but depending on your budget.

Cheers Bryan

Thanks Bryan! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I'm in Victoria Australia (Melbourne)

I will keep searching for the perfect large Still.
Cherries are pretty easy but replicating 20L over 4 washes over 4 months is a little tricky with weather/temp changes and a small Still.
Mandarin I'm still looking for the perfect recipe outside of basic Limoncello type methods. Friends love the simple Mandarin rind and the vanilla pod combo but anyone can create this in a couple weeks. I havent had time to have a good look through the forum yet but will do over the next few days. :-B
Bnaccas76

Postby Bnaccas76 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:41 pm

Wellsy wrote:Welcome Naccas
As a brand new user a couple of years ago I was lucky to buy 5star equipment which made the journey much smoother. Lots to consider before you spend any money mate.
Lots here to help you on your journey

I'm about to start looking into it. 5 Star seems to be popular.!
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bnaccas76

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:24 pm

Give Andrew @5star a call mate you won’t be disappointed as the advice you get is obligation free and unbiased..
Look at your power source as 3phase power is not doubt needed at that size, as well as water supply for cooling.
Keep looking a options before final decision is made and you are less likely to get it wrong
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:48 pm

Wellsy wrote:as 3phase power is not doubt needed at that size, as well as water supply

3 phase not really needed , 2 x 10amp and 1 x 15amp circuits will do at 100L boiler .
Cooling water is the main thing peoples don’t consider but a swimming pool or house hold water tanks can all be utilized.
Feel free to call me Naccas , the number is 0423164303 , no obligation and I’m always happy to have a chat .
Cheers
Andrew
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Return to Welcome Centre