G-day from Vic

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G-day from Vic

Postby Buffaloo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:46 pm

So the TLDR of my journey.

Circa 2005 - Young and dumb and little in the way of internet community's I did a handful of turbo washes on a 10L boiler and a Bokakob and played with the flavoring. Keeping it all (except fores) and filtering. so me and my friends could get cheap drunk. but it didn't last long as the hangovers from keeping it all were brutal. And a case of good beer was $30 so didn't seem worth the effort.

Coming on 18 years later and the cost of a slab of craft beer being over $100 i started making beer at home, and a few months ago stepped into all gain beer, only to find everything i bought upto this point was easy to throw a collom on top and off to the races. But now with the wisdom of age and a purpose of making high quality not just quantity, as to get more quantity just buy a bigger boiler. not be a cheapskate.

Already I've learned so much from all the wisdom held in these forums, and it's ALOT of reading (and re-reading) and i'm 100% sure that once i've got a run or 2 on the new system it'll start to make alot more sence.

Have a 30L batch of TPW almost ready, the one question i've not been able to find any details on is how much volume is needed for a Sac Run, eg. can i just run 10L of my TPW and call it a sac run, then run the 20L after that.
Buffaloo

equipment: Digiboil + T500

Re: G-day from Vic

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Welcome to the rabbit mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

sounds like you have be around for awhile and have been there done that etc :handgestures-thumbupleft:

now this distilling game is a new ball game where a pot still will do wonders for you as you learn, a T-500 is only good for neutral and I'm sure I have seen the boiler : is under the fluid so yes you can use use 10 litres for the sac run.

If your handy with the tools there are plenty of threads to make your own but if your budget suits just give Andrew a call and he will sort you out with no hassles :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: G-day from Vic

Postby Wellsy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:33 pm

welcome Buffaloo

Things make a lot more sense once you have a run under your belt mate. re read and it starts to click, especially the cuts section.

As Bryan said 10 litres will be enough for your sac run.

Enjoy and ask questions, I am in central vic so good to see another mexican joining the forum
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre