G'day from South Aus

Say Hi and introduce yourself

G'day from South Aus

Postby DAHLO » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the whole distillation game, with just three Turbo sugar washes through a T500 to date. I have, however, been severely bitten by the bug and have purchased everything I need to get going with all-grain mashes and pot distillation for more traditional spirits. I've been manically watching all the YouTube videos I can find on the various processes and am fairly confident I can slide into this next phase without too much difficulty.

Looking forward to learning all I can from this community and hopefully in time being able to contribute my experience to others.

Cheers,

Dahlo.
DAHLO

equipment: Grainfather G30V3 brewer & SF70 fermenter, Still Spirits boiler, alembic pot dome and reflux column.

Re: G'day from South Aus

Postby The Stig » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:44 pm

Welcome , once that part bug bites it’s hard to shake this illness :laughing-rolling:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:55 am

Welcome Dahlo
Enjoy the ride :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby DAHLO » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:29 am

Thanks fellas. I'm embarking on my fourth sugar wash distillation today with the addition of a sight glass and bubble plate to the T500 reflux column, just for fun. My SF70 fermenter and almbic dome/condenser arrived yesterday and I have further deliveries of gear expected today and next week. Once everything's here I'm going to try a bourbon mash.
DAHLO

equipment: Grainfather G30V3 brewer & SF70 fermenter, Still Spirits boiler, alembic pot dome and reflux column.

Postby The Stig » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 am

Although we sell the T500 Glass/Bubble Plate upgrade , I will tell anybody who asks the question , they do nothing to help the T500 , they look cool and that’s about it.
Make sure the “cap” of the plate is facing down , unlike the pics show , as this is how they work best .
Cheers
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Return to Welcome Centre