Greetings from Newcastle

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Greetings from Newcastle

Postby gdmck1 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:00 pm

Hi all , Im from Newcastle and super new to this . i have a still spirits air pro 2 had to settle on that , living in a unit i had no access to water supply anyway my first wash distilled at 85% and i got 650ml out of 4lt it holds then the rest of the wash which was about 3lt was coming out very sour so i threw that out , i made black sambuca which didnt seem too bad, next wash i did the same way ith same ingrediants and it came out 80% ABV i got about 600ml on the first run and the remainder of the was came out nice .
i am going to make a variety of drinks rum for me whisky for my father and a few liqueurs .
Got lots to learn as i still dont know all that much thank you all
gdmck1

equipment: Still spirits air still pro 2

Re: Greetings from Newcastle

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Welcome GD
Lots of good info in the newbie section mate. There is even a topic on running an airstill to maximise results.
Seems you have already learnt the first lesson and that is life is too short to drink garbage, that one is the hardest for newbies to learn as the temptation is always there to go for Quantity so well done mate on getting the first one under the belt :)

Your are in for one hell of a ride mate :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:33 pm

Welcome GD :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Mate go find a 200 litre olive drum and use that as your cooling water then if your handy make a simple reflux still or get one from 5 star to make your neutral then use the air still to make your maceration's which will turn into a nice drop. I am about to make a primer for you new guy's and both a reflux still and pot still is needed.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Maybe , just maybe , I need to stop drinking tonight lol.
I read your comments Ruddy and thought you were suggesting using the 200 ltr container to do his ferments in.

Lol can you imagine how many rounds would be needed to process that amount of wash.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:33 pm

One of these will allow you to attach a normal garden hose to your kitchen tap.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-indoor ... lsrc=aw.ds
Doing this will allow you to run a 30L boiler and decent still.
Or even the humble T500 comes with a tap adapter with valve
All can then be run on a kitchen counter
Oh and welcome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Stig on Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby gdmck1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:56 pm

thank you all for the advise and comments much appreiciated
gdmck1

equipment: Still spirits air still pro 2

Return to Welcome Centre