Hello all

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello all

Postby Peteren1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:52 pm

Hello,
I'm a retired industrial electrician with now another hobby to add to the list!
Primary interests are fishing and motorcycles with an interest in distilling being born!
Have been following Still It on YT and completed two TPW's with not sure how good the results are?
I'm using a T500 with a glass and copper extension so I can see what's going on.
I have put the supplied ingrediencies aside and started with a base TPW recipe as I'm wary of all the chemical agents in the supplied system?
The result reduced to 40% and mixed with some whiskey/bourbon/rum essences came out drinkable with some soda but not neat on ice, expecting too much I think?
I tried as best as I could to complete cuts and think it worked OK with about 200ml of forshots, 500ml of heads with about 500ml of tails resulting in 2.1l of hearts.
I'm going to go oats/wheat/sugar/raisins' plus Angel yellow yeast next!
Probably biting off more than I can chew but what the hell?
Cheers
Peter
Last edited by Peteren1 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peteren1

equipment: T500 with the glass extension

Re: Hello all

Postby The Stig » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:05 am

Welcome Peter
Have fun, enjoy the hobby and do what suits you :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Yonder » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:17 pm

There are several threads on the t500 here and an excellent “tried and proven” recipe section. Best have a search, a trial run or two with that information. The more you work with the hobby, the better the results will be. You’ll be a champ in no time. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Yonder

equipment: 10 gal copper pot w/doubler and a lot of enthusiasm

Postby Wellsy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:52 am

Welcome Peter
It’s all trial and error and what works for you. To get drinkable on your first go is a great result.
When you are looking to drink your brown spirits neat you need to remember there is a reason the commercial boys sell 10 and 12 years old spirit. Time forms a big part of the recipe so smoothness and complex flavours can only be produced with time :)

Enjoy the hobby and ask any questions you need to.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre