Hello To All

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello To All

Postby gas079 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:11 pm

Hi All

I have joined this forum to see how to make my own alchole as we all know that the price goes up twice every year! I love drinking dark spirits and the wife likes her Vodkas, Gins and White Rums. I am in my mid 40's with the wife and 3 kids which 2 have finished school and 1 has about a year to go. We live in North Queensland so a nice cold drink never goes a stray on those hot Summer days! I have been looking at making my own spirits but the unknowing and the lack of knowladge dosen't help. All what I am looking for is a small kit that will make a few bottles to tie us over when times are a bit tough.

Thanks for the Join
Gas079
gas079

equipment: I don't have a still as of yet. But i am intrested in starting up a home distilling for Rum, Vodka and Ginger Beer.

Re: Hello To All

Postby The Stig » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm

Hi Gas,
There is plenty of info here so have a look around an ask away.
Basically there are 2 ways of achieving the flavours .
One is to make a neutral spirit and add cordials , the other is to make the mash and distill with the correct still and age .
Space , time and budget will also come into play .
Feel free to call 5 Star Distilling for a chat about something to suit your needs 0423164303
Cheers
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:09 am

Hi Gas
Welcome to the forum.
I have a 2" boka and pot which produces a high quality spirit.
It is modular so cost effecive but it takes time.

You can read about it on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12638

Cheers
Carol
Carol
Mentor

equipment: Still Spirits Air Still
FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)
FSD 2" pot still ( aka Natasha)

Postby Wellsy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

Welcome gas
You say now you just want to make a few bottles,we all started there lol. But by the time you allow for aging and gifts you suddenly find supplies dwindle quickly .

Heaps of good info here and definitely recommend you give 5 star a call mate as you will get good no pressure info from them
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby WoodyD40 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 am

Howdy there.

I'm a newbie myself.
My wife thinks I'm only starting out to make a few bottles - that's why I doubled up and am running 2 x 60 litre fermenters - so I can get more than a few bottles happening.
I figure I can keep the 'spare' spirit in the garage and just bring it out when she starts to run low. ;)
WoodyD40
Site Donor

equipment: Air Still
65l Alcoengine Boiler with Copper Reflux Still (Digiboil)

Return to Welcome Centre