Hi from Orange NSW

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from Orange NSW

Postby Mr D Stiller » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:48 am

Hi guys, I've been lurking around the site for around 10 years now. After a few years break, I'm getting back into distilling again. Previously made BWKO, TPW, G Dropper, NGW, CFW, & WPOSW. Lots of experimenting with variations of popular recipes & speciality grains.

Dug all my gear out of the shed on Sunday. Spent the whole day cleaning everything & setting up a new brew space in my gazebo. Managed to get 2 60L washes on. Trying to keep my wife happy, so making something that we can use in Baileys style cocktails, homemade fruit cake & ice cream. Wash ingredients are molasses, corn, amber LME & some speciality grains containing caramel, chocolate & biscuit flavours, bit of lemon juice to drop the ph & some lowans bakers yeast. Planning to add some homemade raisins in during oaking.

Gazebo is smelling great. Both washes still bubbling away nicely. Much colder climate here than when we used to live in Sydney, so we will see how that affects things. However, inside the gazebo is surprisingly warm so I haven't wrapped the fermenters.Likely won't be ready to run on the weekend so may do 3 stripping runs at night next week followed by a spirit run next weekend. If the cocktail ends up too sweet will likely balance it by adding some coffee & mint chocolate.

Just got a new inflatable pool delivered today. Going to buy a 780w ozito dirty water pump from Bunnings & some 19mm irrigation hose to recirculate the cooling water.

Really looking forward to starting up this hobby again!
Mr D Stiller

equipment: 3 inch SS modular pot/VM still
50 Litre insulated keg
2x2400w elements - one with power controller

Re: Hi from Orange NSW

Postby The Stig » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:59 am

Welcome back ,
Sounds like your well on your way
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: Hi from Orange NSW

Postby Wellsy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:09 am

Nice to see the bug never leaves us , it just lies dormant for a while :).
Have fun and keeping the wife happy is definitely the key :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre