Coffee Percolator Seal

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Coffee Percolator Seal

Postby Lesgold » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:19 am

Hi folks,

Last time I used my CCVM, I had a slight leak in one of my seals. When I inspected the culprit, I noticed that I’d been a little too keen with the Stanley knife when trimming off the ridges. Replaced that seal and everything ran smoothly. Decided to have a bit of a search to see if there were flat 2” silicone seals available. Finally found out that 3-4 cup coffee percolator silicone seals were just the right size. Bought a couple to try from two different suppliers. One was about 2mm thick and the other was more of a white coloured silicone and about 3mm thick. Decided to test the thicker one by storing it in some foreshots for about 4 days to see if it reacted or not. Pulled it out this morning and it was fine. If your easy flanges are a little on the thin side or you’re having trouble getting a good seal, these thicker ones might help you out.
Lesgold

equipment: Pure Distilling reflux and pot. 2” modular CCVM/ 1150mm column, 50l boiler with 2x 2400w elements.

Re: Coffee Percolator Seal

Postby Ned » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am

Lesgold wrote:Hi folks,

Last time I used my CCVM, I had a slight leak in one of my seals. When I inspected the culprit, I noticed that I’d been a little too keen with the Stanley knife when trimming off the ridges. Replaced that seal and everything ran smoothly. Decided to have a bit of a search to see if there were flat 2” silicone seals available. Finally found out that 3-4 cup coffee percolator silicone seals were just the right size. Bought a couple to try from two different suppliers. One was about 2mm thick and the other was more of a white coloured silicone and about 3mm thick. Decided to test the thicker one by storing it in some foreshots for about 4 days to see if it reacted or not. Pulled it out this morning and it was fine. If your easy flanges are a little on the thin side or you’re having trouble getting a good seal, these thicker ones might help you out.

Hey Les,
Where did you get the coffee percolator seal and I need one for the coffee percolator . (stove top one) tks
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Postby Lesgold » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 am

Flea bay has plenty. Just need to know the dimensions of the seal. Just ordered one for my Bialetti.
Lesgold

equipment: Pure Distilling reflux and pot. 2” modular CCVM/ 1150mm column, 50l boiler with 2x 2400w elements.

Postby Ned » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am

Lesgold wrote:Flea bay has plenty. Just need to know the dimensions of the seal. Just ordered one for my Bialetti.

Of Course Silly me
:angry-banghead:
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Return to Distillers Warehouse