wash ingredient supplies

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

wash ingredient supplies

Postby googe » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 am

This place, Merchant Australia, 24 westgate drive Altona north. 0399316666. I get my mollasses from them as I've posted else where on here, but got a product list off them last time I was there. They have dried bakers yeast, fermex brand, 500g for $2.70. They also have compressed 1kg blocks of fresh yeast for $2.60, I'm getting some next week and will try it in a rum. They have endless sugars and frozen fruits and pretty much any ingredients you'd need for cooking/mashing. Just thought I'd share.
googe

Re: wash ingredient supplies

Postby cuz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:52 am

Sweet!!

Thanks heaps googe :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
cuz

equipment: Boka noobie

Postby bt1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:57 am

bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby googe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

No worries cuz. Interesting bt1, good thread of yours :handgestures-thumbupleft: . I'll have to find out which yeast they have, red or gold. Hell of a lot cheaper than getting it at woolies!!. I'm more interested to try the fresh though :smile: . They've got this trumalt and maltose stuff too, can't find any info though. they have so much stuff I want to check out...time.time time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby 1 2many » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Good stuff googe , not bad prices let us know how it goes .Specialy on the fresh yeast just interested in the fresh compaired to the dried yeast as in taste and fermentation :smile:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby googe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am

Finally got some.yeast from this joint!. Looks good, 500g dried for $2.70 and 1kg fresh for $260 . Now all I have to do is work out how.much fresh to use 8-} , any ideas?.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby googe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 pm

I found the answer, 1 part dry = 3-4 parts fresh. I
googe

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm

$260/fuckingkg :scared-eek: I hope that's a fucking typo Googe :pray: if not,you'd have been better off buying some 4 year old shit of a unscrupulous,greedy online retailer :angry-banghead:
Other than that,just do a yeast bomb :D :D I'm sure we'd all find it rather entertaining :handgestures-thumbupleft:
"I will start with my " Yeast Bomb "
2 vitamin B, crushed with mortor and pestal
5 teaspoons of 20-0-0, agrcultural fertalizer
1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt
1/4 cup bakers yeast
1 gallon water
Boil all for 15 minutes and strain."
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby googe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 pm

I was gunna put a full stop after I posted but thought fuck it surly they wouldn't think $260 :teasing-neener: . No cupcake 2 dollars sixty :handgestures-thumbupleft: . :teasing-tease: . Seem to work well :D tpw. I put on 280~300 cause it says use 1 part dry to 3~4 of fresh, 80g x 3 = 280 :laughing-rolling: .

googe

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Your video won't play Googe,says its private :whistle: :whistle:
Cane Toad

Postby googe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Right you are cupcake, fucking YouTube.

googe

Postby cuz » Thu May 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Googe, I must thank you again for your tip on this place. Forking brilliant mate!!

I dropped by yesterday and picked up 25kg of sugar and 500g of yeast and got the lot for just under $30.
:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Gonna mix me up a 125l TPW as soon as I get a day off!!

Thanks mate! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
cuz

equipment: Boka noobie

Postby 1 2many » Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm

cuz wrote:Googe, I must thank you again for your tip on this place. Forking brilliant mate!!

I dropped by yesterday and picked up 25kg of sugar and 500g of yeast and got the lot for just under $30.
:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Gonna mix me up a 125l TPW as soon as I get a day off!!

Thanks mate! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Nice better than messing around at the supermarket with heaps of bags of sugar and a few yeast tubes :))
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

wash ingredient supplies

Postby wedwards » Thu May 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Freakin awesome - next trip to grain and grape I will be swinging past these guys
wedwards

equipment: Reflux still

Postby googe » Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 pm

No worries cuz, glad I could help :handgestures-thumbupleft: that yeast is bloody cheap hey!!, ive used it for a while now and seems fine. Did you get a product list off them?, they have just about everything anyone would want for cooking and our hobby!. I got some frozen blueberries, strawberries and raspberries off them last time I was there, about$5-$8 a kg depending what you get, awesome prices!. I havnt done any thing thing with them drink wise yet but the missus has made jam and icecream with them and they seem very nice and fresh.
googe

Postby Cane Toad » Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Geez Googe,that's effing cheap for frozen berries,imagine all the different variations you could do :think: :think: better still,do it while you're drunk and surprise yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

Postby 1 2many » Thu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Cupcake wrote:Geez Googe,that's effing cheap for frozen berries,imagine all the different variations you could do :think: :think: better still,do it while you're drunk and surprise yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
:)) :)) :O) :)) :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Thu May 16, 2013 8:24 pm

I do most of this shit when I'm drunk cupcake :laughing-rolling: best ive done is blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, its like some little fruit fairy is doing a dance on your
Tongue :D
googe

Postby emptyglass » Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Are we allowed to add other wash ingredient supplies here Googe?

If so,
I get most of my sugar, yeast, berrys, etc from PFD bulk food supplies 5336 2111. Yeast was like $2 for 500g (saf instant)
2 doors away is James and sons stockfeed, 53360722. 20kg corn for $20.
probably 400m or so from there is Megamerch, 5334 3888 good for large plastic drums. $40 for a 200l last time I got one. Olive drums too

If not, too bad, I done it now. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
emptyglass

Postby googe » Thu May 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah to late empty ;-) , probably get to confusing if everyone added supplies in one thread, with discussions and the such.
googe

Next

Return to Distillers Warehouse