Online Brazing Rods

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Online Brazing Rods

Postby Bursal » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 am

I have been getting my brazing rods online from http://www.ausweld.com.au. Better price than I can get locally, they supply Harris rods so they are good quality and a good range silver %.
Bursal

equipment: Building new pot and VM still heads on 50lt keg, system interchangable using triclamps and ferrules. Column 2" copper. More details as it is built.

Re: Online Brazing Rods

Postby jamjar » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:22 am

What % of silver, are people using to Braze with?
Does it make much of a difference etc ??
jamjar

equipment: 2" Boka

Re: Online Brazing Rods

Postby Bursal » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi Jamjar

I use 15% for copper to copper and 45% for copper to s/s and s/s to s/s. You need silver brazing flux for copper to s/s and s/s to s/s. I sometimes use less than 15% for copper to copper, just depends what I have on hand. Just make sure you get cadmium free. I see you are in Mackay, my neck of the woods if you only want 1 or 2 rods Porters Hardware Plumbing dept have cad free rods.

Cheers
Bursal

equipment: Building new pot and VM still heads on 50lt keg, system interchangable using triclamps and ferrules. Column 2" copper. More details as it is built.

Return to Distillers Warehouse