Beardrinkshomebrew's beer recipes

Discussions about beer and wine making.

Re: Beardrinkshomebrew's beer recipes

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 pm

I am not allowed to move my recipe/s here due to people, I mean wankers, who have never tried my recipes :obscene-birdiedoublered:
beardrinkshomebrew

equipment: .....................

Re: Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Zak Griffin wrote:That's flowchart says to collect in 100ml lots, and the cuts guide says to air overnight and pick your cuts by taste and smell...

:think:

It's basic stuff mate. Tails taste like shit. Whiskey tails, rum tails, brandy tails and neutral tails, they all taste and smell like shit.

I'd move it to your beer recipe topic but the beers actually look like they might be tasty :handgestures-thumbupleft:

what about the apple cider recipe I have there?

that's what I did, if you read what I wrote; why would I put shit in my brew? I would not, I appreciate fine alcohol, I have been drinking it for nearly 6 decades
beardrinkshomebrew

equipment: .....................

Postby Plumby » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Yea sorry mate, didn't mean to offend, even when my or others experience meant fucking nothing to you.
Weather you have an air still or a plated column still or something in between, the principal for good hangover free spirits is the same, "conservative cuts make good spirits".
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Plumby » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Must be terrible to be you :laughing-rolling:
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Dig Brinker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am

He said collect down to 20%(in 100ml increments after collecting 'bulk' of usual hearts), air & DECIDE whether they make final cuts.

Some people reading wrong.

Some people getting angry.

Settle down folks :handgestures-thumbupleft:

But as above, no tails in final product :wtf:
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Postby Dig Brinker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 am

And just to clarify, you should take small cuts as every wash will behave differently.
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Postby warramungas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Whoa whoa whoa...
Settle down people. This is getting crazier than a coconut!

Nobody is criticizing, that I can read. You shared your recipe and some people said they would not use tails and that's their call. Generally on this site we keep heads and tails out of our concoctions. If it works for you then good stuff. Someone may have a crack in the future but most use high temp stills which pump out manky tails under 80-70ish percent.

If you have probs at home mate you need to sort them at home. We can and sometimes do offer some advice to members if we think we can help.
I wont accept abuse from frustrated people randomly venting in my direction or in my general vicinity. I dont and neither should anyone else.

Just calm down and reread the thread as just because some people disagree with you it doesn't need a fight to start over it.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Previous

Return to Beer & Wine