Orange Gin Recipes

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Orange Gin Recipes

Postby Wardda » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:43 pm

Hey All,

I have been doing the Odin’s recipe with the addition of some star anise to the satisfaction of the wife for a while now.

It’s time to try another flavour, so I was hoping someone here might have an orange ginrecipe and step by step instructions for a relative newby to the hobby.

I really appreciate all of your ideas and help.

Cheers
Wardda

equipment: 50 litre FSD milk can boiler with 2 inch reflux and condenser, and a digiboil boiler with pot still.

Re: Orange Gin Recipes

Postby RC Al » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:18 pm

You can just add more orange/citrus to the odins and knock back a few of the other stronger flavours.

Have a play, the only requirement is to use juniper to call it gin.

Or just suspend some citrus skins or whole fruit above a jar of hooch and you have triple sec / Cointreau
Last edited by RC Al on Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby Hick1960 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:23 pm

Hi Wardda
I use Odins gin and just use orange peel instead of tangerine.

For 1 litre
12g juniper
3G coriander
1.25g Angelica
1.25g licorice
Peel of half an orange

Macerate 24 hours then run i run it in a small pot still with all but the orange peel in the pot.
Run as per Odins recipe.
Great thing about Odins gin recipe is that you can add whatever botanicals you like.

If I find there isn’t enough orange flavour , I just put a slice of orange peel in the bottle and leave it there till I get the strength I want or the bottle is empty. :))
Hick1960

equipment: Turbo 500
2” pot with Shotgun condenser
2” Boka
1” gin pot still
4” FSD Neutralizer

Postby Wardda » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your responses.

I was really hoping to emulate the Malfy blood orange gin. This is the missus’s favourite.

Cheers

Warra
Wardda

equipment: 50 litre FSD milk can boiler with 2 inch reflux and condenser, and a digiboil boiler with pot still.

Postby 2deadly.308 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:21 pm

Hick1960 wrote:Hi Wardda

For 1 litre
12g juniper
3G coriander
1.25g Angelica
1.25g licorice
Peel of half an orange

Macerate 24 hours then run i run it in a small pot still with all but the orange peel in the pot.
Run as per Odins recipe.
Great thing about Odins gin recipe is that you can add whatever botanicals you like.

If I find there isn’t enough orange flavour , I just put a slice of orange peel in the bottle and leave it there till I get the strength I want or the bottle is empty. :))

Great recipe bloke. thanks
2deadly.308

equipment: .

50L keg boiler, 4800W

2" Potty

2" reflux

4" potty

4" 6 plate glass bubbler + 500mm packed section

Positive Mental Attitude

No friends

Postby Gary » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:07 am

Hick1960 wrote:Hi Wardda

For 1 litre
12g juniper
3G coriander
1.25g Angelica
1.25g licorice
Peel of half an orange

Run as per Odins recipe.

Even works well without the angelica and liquorice, but time to try it with both - just didn't have all the ingredients and patience for the first attempt. 8-}
Gary

equipment: 2L Column still from Copper Pro

Return to Recipe Development