Unusual Foods

A forum for sharing your favorite food recipes and condiments.

Re: Unusual Foods

Postby TasSpirits » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 pm

The first wild brown trout of the season, smoked with apple wood, not unusual. but really good. :handgestures-thumbupleft: They have released a new strain of mixo or kalesi down here recently, not a rabbit to be seen. I may be getting my hands on some Bison soon :pray: Very keen to try it.
TasSpirits

equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Postby shortcut » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:08 pm

TasSpirits wrote:The first wild brown trout of the season, smoked with apple wood, not unusual. but really good. :handgestures-thumbupleft: They have released a new strain of mixo or kalesi down here recently, not a rabbit to be seen. I may be getting my hands on some Bison soon :pray: Very keen to try it.

Let us know how the bison goes. I’ve always wanted to try it. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just had some buffalo blackstrap for lunch. Bro picked it up in NT.
Effing beautiful!,
shortcut

equipment: Keggomax-CM
unfinished copper pot still

Postby warramungas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:58 am

Unusual is my wife's daily bag mate. I swear she only does it to offend my sense of smell sometimes.
Whole pickled fish, dried fish, fermented fish, fish head soup, something that smells like she's boiled a pot of vomit, mother in laws response is to cook something that smells like a pot of urine, and of course chicken giblets.
Roo is good when its done right. Best thing out for marinated jerky and makes awesome rissoles. My mums recipe anyway. Gamey as hell just about any other way.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Previous

Return to The Tucker Box