Xmas Still build, community effort.

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Xmas Still build, community effort.

Postby Camikaze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 am

Agreed. The generosity on this site is exceptional.

Well done lads!. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby kelbygreen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 pm

think its a good idea! But how are the people going to be nominated? hope it doesnt turn out to be a drama on macs end or mr-e
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby MR-E » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Went Bunnings this arvo to get some new hose & fittings to tidy up the plumbing for the new owner :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MR-E

equipment: Cooking on gas,50ltr keg, 3"Bok &
4" column with 6 perf plates

Postby Lowndsey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I reckon it should be donated to Macs dad. Cause I don't like the chances of the rum rig making the underneath of the xmas tree hahahaha :laughing-rolling:

McStill wrote:Last run of the 6" rum still before it gets packed up and sent away.

IMG_1085.JPG

McStill wrote:it's a xmas present for my dad :handgestures-thumbupleft:

McStill wrote:Running a mongrel knock off wash that had malted barley & a tin of liquid malt added, couldnt resist running the 6" rum rig again..... I'm gunna build another for myself :D
Lowndsey

equipment: 2" Bokka

Postby MR-E » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Recon Macs dad would kick his arse if he kept it for himself :violence-smack: :teasing-nutkick:
MR-E

Postby MacStill » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:50 pm

how does everyone think this rig should be given away?

I would like MR E to control the whole deal, I have too much on my plate to organise this in time.... I am so busy keeping customers happy at the moment and dont want to let anyone down.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Sam. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

McStill wrote:how does everyone think this rig should be given away?

I would like MR E to control the whole deal, I have too much on my plate to organise this in time.... I am so busy keeping customers happy at the moment and dont want to let anyone down.

I reckon the fairest way would be for everyone to send their nominations to MR E - (if he doesnt mind) then they can be collated and given to the highest votes?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby MR-E » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm

sam_and_liv wrote:

I reckon the fairest way would be for everyone to send their nominations to MR E - (if he doesnt mind) then they can be collated and given to the highest votes?

Gee thanks Mac :teasing-tease:
If you guys agree, I would like go with Macs idea of giving the still to a member who doesn't have ability or funds
to make their own.
Members who fit that description could put their name forward & a vote could be the way to decide.
Another option would be to draw a name out the hat e.t.c, that way there would be no favoritism shown
toward any one member.

Cheers MR-E
MR-E

Postby Sam. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 pm

MR-E wrote:
sam_and_liv wrote:

Gee thanks Mac :teasing-tease:
If you guys agree, I would like go with Macs idea of giving the still to a member who doesn't have ability or funds
to make their own.
Members who fit that description could put their name forward & a vote could be the way to decide.
Another option would be to draw a name out the hat e.t.c, that way there would be no favoritism shown
toward any one member.

Cheers MR-E

Yeah maybe there should be a short list then the a pick. Sounds fair. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Kimbo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 pm

I vote Crow :mrgreen:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm

.Sounds good Mr and Sam :handgestures-thumbupleft: how would the dishonest be weeded out?. Like someone claiming poor but not?. Because we don't know everyone, does that make sense?.
googe

Postby emptyglass » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Good call mac, since Mr E is the one kind enough to give away a still. He should have the final call, however he wants to make it.

I nominate Crow, as it would save me making a still for him, and dillsandwich.
I also nominate mac, as he dosn't seem to have a permanent still :mrgreen:
emptyglass

Postby MacStill » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 pm

This still will not be given to anyone on the mod team, it will go to a member & that member will hopefully make a small contribution to the Salvo's.

Crow got a new parrot, so I think that upgrade is enough for him at this "present" time..... pun intended :teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MR-E » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 am

googe wrote:.Sounds good Mr and Sam :handgestures-thumbupleft: how would the dishonest be weeded out?. Like someone claiming poor but not?. Because we don't know everyone, does that make sense?.

I would hope that members would not take advantage of this & see that it goes to a member who wouldn't have
the opportunity get their hands on a bubbler.

Xmas is fast approaching, if anyone is interested I think you should put your name forward & we'll go from there.

Cheers MR-E
MR-E

Postby googe » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

True mr, IM just thinking that way cause I live in Melbourne, every barstard trying to scam ya. Dill would be a good pick empty :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Can't think of anyone else, most active members that's post are active builders?.
googe

Postby MR-E » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:21 am

That is why I think people should put their own name forward, it would save the confusion over who
want's it, not everyone would want a bubbler in their arsenal of stilling weapons :teasing-tease:
MR-E

Postby crow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 am

Kimbo wrote:I vote Crow :mrgreen:

Yes I would of declined this offer in any case. Apart from being on the board I have had astoundingly generous offers of assistance from several different members and so would like like to see the still go to someone who doesn't have the same opportunities afforded to me. if you would like one of these amazing stills and would struggle to make or buy one get that PM off to MR-E ;-)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 am

couple I can think of to receive a rig like this.

Moonshine Nova
Bundy
Frank (if he wasn't so stubborn)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Xmas Still build, community effort.

Postby BackyardBrewer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 am

As someone with no technical skills at all, I drool over all the shiny copper toys people here can build and having milked as much as I can out of my reflux still I'd love to upgrade to a "proper" still but as much as the wife loves drinking my booze she won't endorse our mortgage funds going on an upgrade and I can't convince her...so please add me to the list of punters who would love to be considered.

Even the mere discussion of this offer is why this forum is so awesome. I'm a member of a dozen forums on various topics but this one is the only one I visit several times a day...things like this are the reason.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby poompy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 am

I know Im not a hugely active user (all my questions have normally been asked and answered) but to have the opportunity to run a bubbler would be unbelievable.
I have neither the skills or the cash flow to be able to build my own bubbler or boka even :sad: I have a lonesome 50l keg that would be perfect for it.

So if you could please put in the list of the potentials it would be greatly appreciated.
I know who ever you guys/gals choose will be more than worthy of it.

Cheers
poompy

equipment: SS T500
McStill Pot Still

PreviousNext

Return to Plated Column Stills