Sneak peek - SS modular bubblers.

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Sneak peek - SS modular bubblers.

Postby Kimbo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm

That looks shit hot mate, craps all over the competition :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Urrazeb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Haha that looks fuckin good.. nice work sourcing this stuff fellas! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
:text-coolphotos:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby googe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Its not about competition kimbo ;-) :shifty: . Get rid of that wood wall back ground to start with Mac lol. My missus uses a white photo tent thingy for her products, works good, gets rid of all the glare and reflections. It sure is shinny stuff, love them defags :D wish i could afford one lol.
googe

Postby MacStill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Here ya go micklum' :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Will wait till you get here to see your thumper :teasing-neener:

mm2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby MacStill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 pm

googe wrote:Its not about competition kimbo ;-)

When are you going to learn to just leave things be googe, I'm really getting tired of you shit stirring in every fucking thread :angry-banghead:

Remember this?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2780

It's not about competition, so you're right in a way, and that's why I'm giving you a "gentle" nudge ;-)

These rigs are not going to be as cheap as other ones similar, our focus is on supplying quality at a fair price, not trying to increase profit margins by cutting corners or undercutting anyone.... there is no competition !! period.

Meanwhile back at my ranch I'm still offering gear that has a personal touch with options of custom gear to fit these rigs out with, hand made custom gear with each still having an engraved ID number, Linno's rig is #001 with custom plates, micklums is #002 with custom condensers and bubble cap plates, with all stills sold with a phone number for after sales service and advise.

See where this is going?

It's all about "QUALITY" not competing ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Linno » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 am

Cupcake wrote:Very fucking cool Mac :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: what are your personal thoughts on the quality mate? And yours to please Linno? :D

hey CC

these things are awesome :D . The quality is second to none, i am very lucky to get 001.. it also had that much drool on it that Mac didnt really have a choice...still grinnin from ear to ear bout pickin this up. cant wait to get it set up and running. :happy-partydance: I will post pics and more as i get it set up and running. Big thanks to mr and mrs mac. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Linno
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Postby Camikaze » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am

Gee those welds look good mac. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Selling each still with phone number? Thats customer service right there. Well done mac and crew. :clap:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby RumFiend » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 am

Seeing as they come with the appropriate certificates I'm assuming these could be used in a boutique commercial setting?
RumFiend

equipment: idea reflux.
common-sense condenser.

SS plated bubbler

Postby bt1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Mac,

Nice ...love the peepers...shit hot...

you going to do parts or complete units pricing?

Any idea on timing?

Any 6" in the pipeline at this stage?

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby MacStill » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 pm

RumFiend wrote:Seeing as they come with the appropriate certificates I'm assuming these could be used in a boutique commercial setting?

All parts and complete units are "Sanitary" grade and certificates will be supplied by request, I have no doubt they will pass any scrutiny for commercial enterprise :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Goldie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Camikaze wrote:Gee those welds look good mac. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I will second that!
Awesome that these come equipped to take Aussie water fittings :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby MacStill » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 pm

bt1 wrote:Mac,

Nice ...love the peepers...shit hot...

you going to do parts or complete units pricing?

Any idea on timing?

Any 6" in the pipeline at this stage?

bt1

We will be offering parts separately as time and the $$ for stock allows, I can order parts as required & hope to build stocks of parts sure.

Timing for off the shelf gear is usually 10 to 14 days from the supplier, custom gear will be a bit longer until we prove there's sufficient demand to warrant them keeping stock for us.

6" & 8" are both going to be made available and we already have them in the pipeline, as a matter of fact I'm just ordering an 8" unit and 300L boiler for a customer :D

This is just a start up interest that's taken a lot of hours to get to where we are, the capital needed to get this going has been a bit tough to deal with, but with the continued support of the forum members I'm certain this is going to work.

We've only had these units here for under 24hrs and 3 are already sold, I have a limited number left here as stock and more are already on the way... :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance:

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Goldie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

McStill wrote: I'm just ordering an 8" unit and 300L boiler for a customer :D

WOW! :scared-eek: What a combo! 300lt boiler sounds huge. Can't wait to see it.
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby BackyardBrewer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Sweet Georgia Brown!

Isn't that like serious distillery like quantity? If that's say 10 times my run that's between 20-30 litres of 94% PER RUN!

At a conservative estimate that is 60 litres of 40% per run... That. Is. A. Lot. Of. Booze!

Goldie wrote:
McStill wrote: I'm just ordering an 8" unit and 300L boiler for a customer :D

WOW! :scared-eek: What a combo! 300lt boiler sounds huge. Can't wait to see it.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Not really,hands up those that ferment in a 200l plastic drum :handgestures-thumbupleft: or a 100l one for that matter....A 200l rum wash in a 300l boiler isn't out of the question,saves puking hey Crow :laughing-rolling:
Now all you mathematically inclined :think: how long is it gunna take to do a spirit run on 200l using a 4" bubbler :think: starting wash @ 12% and final product at 90% :think: averaging lets say,for arguments sake 3.2l/hr :scared-eek:

A fucking long time :naughty: :naughty: considering prep and heat up time :angry-banghead:

There are those that are out there that are time poor :handgestures-thumbdown: ie. family,work,business and other hobby commitments,that can't find time to run their still every weekend,or every month for that matter,that would like to be able to do a run once or twice a year without having to spend 13-15 hours in the shed :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: to do a run that's gunna see them and friends through that period :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just remember,if aging,it can take anywhere from 4 months to 8 years,depending on your method of aging and your aging vessel :D :D
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am

Hey CC,

If you want to order one too I reckon the supplier would do a better price if I was getting 2 units, but is 300L boiler going to be big enough for you once your licences & permits are approved ?
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Rumdrinker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 am

Cupcake wrote:Not really,hands up those that ferment in a 200l plastic drum :handgestures-thumbupleft: or a 100l one for that matter....A 200l rum wash in a 300l boiler isn't out of the question,saves puking hey Crow :laughing-rolling:
Now all you mathematically inclined :think: how long is it gunna take to do a spirit run on 200l using a 4" bubbler :think: starting wash @ 12% and final product at 90% :think: averaging lets say,for arguments sake 3.2l/hr :scared-eek:

A fucking long time :naughty: :naughty: considering prep and heat up time :angry-banghead:

There are those that are out there that are time poor :handgestures-thumbdown: ie. family,work,business and other hobby commitments,that can't find time to run their still every weekend,or every month for that matter,that would like to be able to do a run once or twice a year without having to spend 13-15 hours in the shed :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: to do a run that's gunna see them and friends through that period :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just remember,if aging,it can take anywhere from 4 months to 8 years,depending on your method of aging and your aging vessel :D :D

I'm with Cupcake on all these points.
200 litre ferments & equal size boiler/still sessions are the way to go if you have other commitments that burn your spare time & keep you away from your brew shed.
Rumdrinker

equipment: Electric & HP gas Keg boilers. 4" pot still for stripping & rum, Bubbler in the making.....

Postby Lupus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 am

Idea with regards to the larger boiler is fantastic. I am one of those with limited time, so committing to less but larger runs is fantastic. But storage of such a large boiler is another issue. Is the boiler something of a one off? Or something that will stay on offer?
Lupus

equipment: Total N00bie with lst to learn

Postby MacStill » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 am

I'm getting one for myself lupus just to see if the quality is up to scratch, it's a 230 litre model.

If they're good it is something I'll look in to, I'm getting a lot of interest in this sort of gear so it would be silly not to consider it ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:38 am

Here's a pic with the 6" thumper installed :handgestures-thumbupleft:

DSC_0478.JPG

I'm yet to fit the plates to this rig, in case anyone's wondering where they are 8-}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Plated Column Stills