AutoCAD plans

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

AutoCAD plans

Postby Chocko6969 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi all, I'm back here and been reading up plenty of advice, great place with plenty of knowledge being handed out with a smile so thank you all for that.

I've been looking to see if anyone has any written plans, I'm gathering everything to build a bubbler very close to this as I think it's a work of art:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3935

What I'm going to do just for my own sake is draw things up on AutoCad (2D) as I go, because I know I'm very methodical and if I have a written plan it will make it easier. Once I get started I'll post and see if there's any glaring errors you can spot!

Has anyone else done plans on AutoCad or similar, I can't find anything in my searches?

Cheers!
Chocko6969

equipment: Bubbler now operational!

Re: AutoCAD plans

Postby dans.brew » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Hey chocko
Sorry cant help you with plans done on AutoCad, but this does bring back memories of using this program at school when all we really wanted to do was build shit... not spend hours drawing it. :laughing-rolling:
Here is a spec sheet i followed somewhat with my build. I'm a bit like you in that its good to have bit of a plan on paper.. a reference. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Good luck with the build!
Screenshot_20181026-205354.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dans.brew

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux Still
2" Pot Still with lieberg
4" x 4 plates Bubbler with 2"bubble caps on 50ltr keg boiler

Postby Chocko6969 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 pm

That's great, but mine will only be line work. I'm pretty efficient at basic autocad so it will be draw it up, check it 3 times and probably post it here!
Chocko6969

Postby RC Al » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Heres a 6" im working on using MS publisher - its kinda halfway between using word and photoshop, its much simpler to use than PS but much more limited, but i can resize and move and group/ungroup bits of the assembly easily, spare parts sit off to the side and are easily copied and manipulated
The cool bit is it will let you set a custom paper size, this one is set to B0, easily printable at an officeworks in full size, all the measurements are down to the .1 of a mm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby RC Al » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Btw that is mk1 of a ccvm/lm/rlm head.
Mk2 looses the top centering ring, adds a extra sight glass at the back to let the vapor go around the full diameter collection cup and finally the optional 90°bend insert, bottom plate and basket to transform it into a Carter head...
Once your getting funky like that, 2D is very limiting to draw with and why I stopped there, one of the kids has solidworks, but neither of us have tried to drive it much
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby Chocko6969 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 am

That works too Al, big help to keep things on track!
Chocko6969

Postby Chocko6969 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 am

bubbler Layout1 (1).jpg

This is all I'm looking at doing, just a reference to follow is all.

Cheers!

bubbler Layout1 (1).pdf
Last edited by Chocko6969 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chocko6969

Postby Olliroo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:56 pm

I've not yet looked, but is there anything for Fusion 360? It's super popular so may be worth a search.
Olliroo

equipment: Nothing just yet, still at the pre purchase research stage.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm

I've used autocad for years and stuck with autocad'07 as I've found that version is simply the best.Its just too easy to draw up what Iwant to machine on my homebuilt CNC router. Just draw the component then save as a DXF file then convert it to G-code.

When I'm not doing DXF files I always use 3D as it gives you a look at how the design is turning out. There is a great help too so when learning a new command a quick read then some play and another tool for for drawing which does come in handy.

The only drawcard is it runs on 32 bit machines and not 64 bit machines so I just use the computer off the CNC which runs the last version of XP with all the updates. Maxed the slots out with ram and for an old computer compared to my 64 bit it is quicker I do feel. This machine isn't connected to the net and just run like a computer should for 10 years or more.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby OzDistilling » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:49 pm

We do all our designs and custom fittings on Autocad Fusion 360. Its easy to use, cheap, 2D and 3D and has libraries for most everything made (tri clover, BSP, RJT, most EU/AU and US threads, pipes and fittings. We often send our drawings of weird ass fittings to a 3D printer for a prototype.

Fusion360 will export traditional 2D shop mechanical drawings for your fabricators.
OzDistilling

equipment: Brewhaus

Return to Tips From The Workbench