Why I dont shop over seas!!

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

Why I dont shop over seas!!

Postby Wraith71 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Ok so I finally caved in and bought from an over seas supplier .. Will be the LAST time im a dumb arse and do that twice!!
When I emailed about it they said they can see nothing wrong with it ?? .. also offered NO replacement !! gee that that's nice .. so what am I supposed to use NOW?
I know its only a pissy lil 3/4 seal .. but it happens to the 3/4 seal that holds the Friggin inlet water valve in place!
:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
uurrggghh .. its a learning curve..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wraith71

Location: West of Sydney , East of Katoomba .. Hopin a big friggin dam dont break.
equipment: Boka reflux tall tower , home made full copper pot still (gas powered).. FINALLY 80ltr boiler 6000w with 6 plate 4in bubbler :)

Re: Why I dont shop over seas!!

Postby Rolls912 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 pm

You need a drink
Rolls912

equipment: 5SD 4inch Boka
5SD pot still
5SD milk can
Carter head
Charcoal filter
Temp controller

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:48 am

Shoot me an email.
I’ll sort you out
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Postby Wraith71 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 am

Rolls912 wrote:You need a drink

make it a double .. :D :D :D
Wraith71

Location: West of Sydney , East of Katoomba .. Hopin a big friggin dam dont break.
equipment: Boka reflux tall tower , home made full copper pot still (gas powered).. FINALLY 80ltr boiler 6000w with 6 plate 4in bubbler :)

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Know some one who purchased an item using pay pal told him it was a fraud still purchased item no good and all he could get back was part of the purchase price .They have it all worked out how to scam.
Have seen on you tube where someone got a free gift of seeds sent to UK from China none grew i think some mail is irradiated to make safe quicker and safer then trying to inspect.
wynnum1

Postby Arismac » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:06 pm

wynnum1 wrote: i think some mail is irradiated to make safe quicker and safer then trying to inspect.

This even applies from some states in Australia. Our local Bunnings recently purchased some bulbs from Victoria and sold them in Mandurah. None grew. Plant disease is a major issue ...
Arismac

equipment: none left

Postby Olliroo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm super cautious. If I can I'll get something local - even if the price is higher. Touch wood, I've been lucky so far...
Olliroo

equipment: Nothing just yet, still at the pre purchase research stage.

Return to Tips From The Workbench