Cloudy after water added solved

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

Cloudy after water added solved

Postby Cafe » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:54 pm

As the title says I have worked out the problem, not after it driving me nuts for two days.
From a bit of reading there are a few things that can cause this issue, but iin my case it was a change in the water.
I have a flter on the tap and a double carbon ceramic candle filter which holds about 5 litres. I noticed recently that even filtered the water was still a bit chlorine and unfiltered the water was like bleach. Clearly the council had changed something. I changed my filters but still the water was not as good as it used to be even filtered. I did not put 2 and 2 together though and link the water issue with the spirite going cloudy when the water was added. I tried everything first, I re distilled it, taking cuts and just diluted the middle cut and again cloudy. Then after reading I went to the shop and bought a slab of bottled mineral water and tried again. This time crystal clear!!
Thought this might save someone else some trouble.
Cafe
Cafe

equipment: T500 Still

Re: Cloudy after water added solved

Postby howard » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:46 pm

what spirit were you diluting?
howard

equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
gin caddy
changeover element switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.
5L glass boiler/glass leibig

Re: Cloudy after water added solved

Postby Cafe » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:02 pm

howard wrote:what spirit were you diluting?

TPW neutral spirit
Cafe
Cafe

equipment: T500 Still

Return to Tips From The Workbench