Home made gas burner

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

Home made gas burner

Postby Rumdrinker » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

That looks like a ripper of a regulator & well worth $45. You'll be able to accurately adjust the flow rate to suit the wash & still your running at the time & with the gauge you'll be able to record the sweet spot for future reference
Rumdrinker

equipment: Electric & HP gas Keg boilers. 4" pot still for stripping & rum, Bubbler in the making.....

Re: Home made gas burner

Postby crow » Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Yes i didn't think of that side of it but to right should be an added benefit . was the only thing in Ballarat I found that would do the job , I mean if they didn't have this I would have kept looking and might have found the one I was looking for and maybe paid more for it to so as long as I can get it to screw in to a vertical (made for horizontal) outlet bonus . If not oh well more fittings :roll:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby crow » Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

screwed straight in :handgestures-thumbupleft: lit it Holy fuck canoly built a smelting furnace here , didn't run away crying but was on the cards , will work can recommend . good name dude , didn't even hear all the dogs barking till I turned it off , I'll post some pic's when I stop shaking
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Sun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm

croweater wrote:screwed straight in :handgestures-thumbupleft: lit it Holy fuck canoly built a smelting furnace here , didn't run away crying but was on the cards , will work can recommend . good name dude , didn't even hear all the dogs barking till I turned it off , I'll post some pic's when I stop shaking

Gotta love the CC747.... good for more than just crabs :laughing-rolling: :)) :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Yep, there a good bit of gear a'ye ;-) :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
there really good for starting bon-fires too :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby ticknaylor » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 pm

What would be an alternative to using a TIG for welding the male brass fitting to normal steel pipe I havent got accessed to a TIG?? Could you use copper pipe as an alternative? or would it be to hot for copper? Cheers for any advice
ticknaylor

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Just buy a mild steel fitting and use either arc or mig,the one I made built into the stand was done with the mig :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm almost certain you can buy weld on ss male fittings as well
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby ticknaylor » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Cheers mate will go with the mild steel because i got an arc tah
ticknaylor

Postby ticknaylor » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Where you reckon would be the best place to get one from I'm guessing you could get mild steel version from a bbq store? By the way love the profile pic :laughing-rolling:
ticknaylor

Postby ticknaylor » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 am

Anyone wanting to go down the mild steel path for the connection go to hoseco or any hyrdraulic shop it's called a threaded male bush. Real easy to get the brass ones but i found it a mission to find the steel ones.
ticknaylor

Postby markus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Can't wait to build myself one of these.
Never thought a high pressure reg would be so hard to find.
After hours of searching on the net and many calls later think I may of finally found one :?
Can these be used for a spirit run?? Or stripping only

Cheers
Markus
markus

equipment: 4" FSD on keg
All copper pot still

Postby ticknaylor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm

You can use it for both just open up the valve and collect from the beginning for stripping runs. Real pain in the arse getting a reg no bbq or camping stores stock em. I think its so people dont accidently buy one and hook it to there barbie. From my research auscrown is the way to go check out their website.i found an old acetelyne reg i had lying around just have to careful and not turn it up to much as they are rated at alot higher pressure
ticknaylor

Previous

Return to Tips From The Workbench