Anyone here used one of these burners?

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Re: Anyone here used one of these burners?

Postby Dyno » Mon May 11, 2015 8:57 pm

MacStill wrote:I used to use one of those, a tooheys keg used to sit on it perfectly...... I sold it to Urrazeb, but hadnt told him about the fire I had because of it :teasing-tease:

Reckon he ran a pot on it for 2 yrs at least, done the right way gas can be ok but I prefer electric any day :handgestures-thumbupleft:

yeah ok..im hearin you all...patience patience..id prefer going electric ...i have a shit load of Nutrigràin wash down so I better stop fluffing around. Ill do a price list (again)on what needs to happen parts wise an beg our fitters at wk do some OT for me..the brewing career wud be over before its begun if something went tits up...thanks again fellas..
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby MickC » Tue May 12, 2015 7:24 am

Dyno I got a 3 ring cast iron burner similar to that one but with out the stand works a treat.

Now dont go tellin anyone else this but I use three old firebricks to stand my boiler on...works a treat but shhhhhhhh dont tell anyone ;-)
MickC

equipment: The little 5lt ones you get from a home brew shop :(

Just built a 3" Boka :)

Postby Dyno » Tue May 12, 2015 8:02 am

MickC wrote:Dyno I got a 3 ring cast iron burner similar to that one but with out the stand works a treat.

Now dont go tellin anyone else this but I use three old firebricks to stand my boiler on...works a treat but shhhhhhhh dont tell anyone ;-)

Copy that mate. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Was just a bit suss on the cheap Chinese shit I've seen. Only seen close up pics of that burner and they are a bit different. Cheers mate...(secret 's safe with me mate) :))
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby 8-ball » Tue May 12, 2015 1:10 pm

i use one of those its great boils 80l fast.
8-ball

equipment: t500, 25lt boiler ( used 6 times )
2" simple pot, (sits ontop of the 2 plater )
gas + 3.6kw electric 80l keg with 6in opening
2 x 4" perforated plate with 2in shotty

Previous

Return to Boilers & burners.