coconut rum fkup

Homebrew shop essences talk.

coconut rum fkup

Postby Mad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:06 pm

So i bought a coconut rum liqeur still spirits top shelf. Read the mix or so i thought completly missed out the liquer base b part. Wtf have i missed out and is it fixable?
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Re: coconut rum fkup

Postby WTDist » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 pm

sugar or glucose. usually it says mix packet b or so, or the equivalent of say 250gm sugar or glucose. Google a pic maybe? of the back. i haven't made the still spirits coconut one in a year
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby Mad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Yeah that's what it said. or mix 250ml sugar with 50g glucose. I had sugar syrup so I've been lightly adding it. The last premix I had was way too sweet for the misses so I'm going up slowly cap fills at a time till I get the sweetness correct. If this fails im giving up with coconut rum it's just a bottle for something different for the misses it's not her fav drink ~x(
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Postby CH3CH2OH » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:29 am

I'm not sure if it is available in Australia but I tried the Liquor Quik one last year mixed with some vodka that we bought on sale that was too harsh to drink!!! it turned out really well. Misses loved it but had I to cut back on the sugar, slowly adding until it was right. If I remember it was about 3/4 of what they recommended on the bottle.
CH3CH2OH

equipment: 4" copper 7 plate bubbler with packed section on a 50l boiler

Postby WTDist » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:21 am

i get the same problem CH3CH2OH. My missus is diabetic so we need to have less sugar in the drinks. the hbs ones are too sweat most times, like they over do it
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby Mad » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 pm

My problem too bought a premix called mac's coconut rum im sure no affiliation to mr and mrs mac. It was so sweet it was sickly it got restilled. Thats the only saving grace bad mixes dont get wasted but the money is still spent
Mad

Return to Essences