peach brandy

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Re: peach brandy

Postby emptyglass » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:16 pm

invisigoth wrote: just a little voice inside my head saying "that ain't right"

Its ok, there are pills for that

You have the gift now Luke :handgestures-thumbupleft:

BackyardBrewer wrote:So to summarise, you got around 10% return on your initial batch? If I'm reading right you pulled around 2L off a 25L mash?

Is that about right? What amount of drinking strength stock do you reckon you pulled?

I reckon, as a guess, he got 900ml @ 73%, after cuts :teasing-neener: . That would give him a little over 1600ml @ 40%
emptyglass

Re: peach brandy

Postby invisigoth » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 pm

WineGlass wrote:
BackyardBrewer wrote:So to summarise, you got around 10% return on your initial batch? If I'm reading right you pulled around 2L off a 25L mash?

Is that about right? What amount of drinking strength stock do you reckon you pulled?

I reckon, as a guess, he got 900ml @ 73%, after cuts :teasing-neener: . That would give him a little over 1600ml @ 40%

yeh what he said! cept i got my numbers wrong for the low wines. it was 1.5l@20% (the origanal 23l of peach pulp fermented) plus 2.5l@40% (the backset fermented with 2kg of sugar), so 4l @32 ish % abv.

next season i'll check more carefully that the peaches i use are all sweet so i get a true brandy. :angry-banghead:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegies