Postby bayshine » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:35 pm

"Come on let's put it in" :dance:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Re: Strawberry Panty Dropper

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:43 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:text-+1: On everything Bayshine said, that's exactly my method. Frozen berries and let the sugar do its thing.

Never had one go wrong, I have done it with 70% from the pot and 95.6% ( :teasing-tease: ) from the NEUTRALISER

SGD.. hmm has a nice ring to it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby MacStill » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:41 pm

bayshine wrote:"Come on let's put it in" :dance:

Send us a reminder in the morning mate, I'll shove SGD in TNP section.... just dont like touching those buttons after drinking ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Muppet » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 am

Urrazeb wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:text-+1: On everything Bayshine said, that's exactly my method. Frozen berries and let the sugar do its thing.

Never had one go wrong, I have done it with 70% from the pot and 95.6% ( :teasing-tease: ) from the NEUTRALISER

SGD.. hmm has a nice ring to it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Hey urrazeb, I'm interested to know how you go about proofing something with a lot of solids in. Are you using a calculator of some type? Thats the one thing that worries me with my spd.
Thankyou in advance. :think:
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Urrazeb » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 am

I record how much alc and what abv goes in, from this I use a dilution calculator and work it out backwards, if I get carried away and make the batch up.

If I'm thinking straight then... For example; If I start with 4L @95% and require a 40% final product I know I need a final volume of 9.5L, I will sweeten to taste and add water last to get the volume.

Glycine (sp) is added if more mouth feel is needed in the case of SGD

Easy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

Postby Muppet » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 am

:text-thankyoublue:
Muppet

Postby RJB510 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:24 pm

If it didn't work for you, do it my way. I have never had a bad batch. Its all about getting quantities right. You don't need to macerate with 90% neutral with this recipe. I've tried both and found 40% is perfect for frozen strawberries.

Get your container and fill it with:
    500g fresh strawberries (frozen), or frozen strawberries. Halved.
    500ml of 40% Neutral.
    80g of sugar.

Leave it for 5 days to macerate then pour off the excess. Continue to do this over the coming days as it gives off left over juices.
Then add:
    1/4 teaspoon of citric acid.

If you want it sweeter, add more sugar, add some glucose if you want to thicken it up a bit.

I think that's perfect for what I want. Borderline alcoholic strawberry jam!
RJB510

equipment: Offset Head Reflux still
Pot still
Mini pot still

Re: The G Dropper Discussion

Postby Muppet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Well thought out write up Zak, just one idea. If there is a link to a dilution calculator it would be handy on the recipe, as it's needed on this style of maceration. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Muppet

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Good idea mate, I'll sort it out tonight.

I just thought I'd get something in the TnP section now so we can all make something a bit different coming into summer :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Sam. » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Yep I reckon some of my next neutral run will be set aside for this :dance:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Muppet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Really is a cracker! I was only 2 or 3 runs into the game when i tried the original but wow!!!
You know the story, Happy wife, Happy...
Muppet

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Yea after reading this thread I did decide to go and get 2 new fermenters just for TPW to get a stock of neutral up, now just got them in my new shed with towels wrapped around and using EC118 yeast had to put a tad more and both had stopped due to that cold snap we had, but both are down to 1020 and chugging along. I'm thinking I may plumb up my ol' reflux still thats sat in my shed for years to run the TPW and got a nice range of botanical's here to try a few flavours. SWMBO has dried out some licorice root so will give that a go and the silvenberry is flowering now, if local guy's like a chilli vodka my Manzano Chilli tree will produce a few dozen this season.

The best part of this recipe is the whisky can age and just get better in time too.....
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby 1 2many » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Had some neutral around so thought I would give this ago, I used 500 gm frozen halved strawberries, 800 ml @ 50% neutral and about a Tbsp lemon juice. I am not really a fan of sweet drinks but it looks so nice thought why not.

rsz_20141022_172933.jpg

Now a bit of a wait (-|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Got a tree loaded with huge mulberries, going to give this a go with a litre of my lemon vodka I reckon..... sweet n sour G dropper :))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby 1 2many » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 pm

I believe the strawberries were spent when I came home from work the flesh was all soft like trying to put a pipi on a hook and a very pale pink. I believe it was done in 24 hrs so I strained the alcohol off the top and put in a separate jar then added sugar enough to cover the strawberries and more and a squirt of lemon juice to the fruit jar .

Smells amazing, tried a small sample without the syrup addition and was tasty but sharp, the syrup test will be interesting. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby 7evan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Holy shit man. This stuff is good!! :drool:
Made up about 600ml using 55% alcohol.
Ended up with 700ml after adding the sugar juice.
This is easy to drink straight at high abv but,
I watered it down to 1L.
Also made the same amount using frozen mango.
Is definitely drinkable but nowhere near SGD standard.
7evan

equipment: FSD/COPPER handmade crossbred bubbler!
Itailian Spiral Burner with HP Reg

Postby Muppet » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:07 pm

1 2many wrote:I believe the strawberries were spent when I came home from work the flesh was all soft like trying to put a pipi on a hook and a very pale pink. I believe it was done in 24 hrs so I strained the alcohol off the top and put in a separate jar then added sugar enough to cover the strawberries and more and a squirt of lemon juice to the fruit jar .

Smells amazing, tried a small sample without the syrup addition and was tasty but sharp, the syrup test will be interesting. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Update time 1 2... How is it? It's hard to Stuff up ;)
Muppet

Postby Urrazeb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Muppet wrote:
1 2many wrote:I believe the strawberries were spent when I came home from work the flesh was all soft like trying to put a pipi on a hook and a very pale pink. I believe it was done in 24 hrs so I strained the alcohol off the top and put in a separate jar then added sugar enough to cover the strawberries and more and a squirt of lemon juice to the fruit jar .

Update time 1 2... How is it? It's hard to Stuff up ;)

:text-+1: did ya lose the g? :laughing-rolling:
Urrazeb

Postby 1 2many » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:50 am

Well I forgot to take the bottle to me mates :angry-banghead: so she missed out.

But the result is great although I wanted to filter it to get the product as clean as possible but that gave me the shits so didn't bother (using coffee filters).

Taste great straight up but I prefer with a dash of lemonaide.

And I only used a small amount of syrup to sweeten so as not to make it to sickly which leaves plenty left to top off the ice cream. Now to try some different fruits. :D

rsz_20141108_101334.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fruit & Vegies