Australia Post

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Australia Post

Postby Andrew » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:47 pm

I have asked AP a question about their new improved postage systems.
Anybody think I'll get an answer ?
I just want anybody thinking I'm over charging or adding onto the postage.
As an online retailer I have been asked why I am charging more for postage than what the actual postage is. The problem is the price sticker that AP puts on the parcels, and now the new bags. Say I charge a customer $15:00 postage this covers the cost of the bag, signature and post but the sticker only shows $12:45, then I need to explain to the customer that I am actually losing money. Why doesn't the postage sticker show the actual cost ?
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Re: Australia Post

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:50 pm

easy one to answer the new policy was thought of by this current govt who couldn't run a chook raffle in a pub full of drunks, also try and ask them what 2+2 is and the answer would be but Labor.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Rolls912 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Hate to rant, but seriously - WTF is going on with this country??? I can’t work out if everything is going to shit or am I just getting old and grumpy. It is so difficult to run a small business in this red tape environment. I see businesses going to the wall left right and centre at the moment. Feels like we are back in the bureaucratic 80’s again.
Rant over.
Last edited by Rolls912 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolls912

equipment: 5SD 4inch Boka
5SD pot still
5SD milk can
Carter head
Charcoal filter
Temp controller

Postby Ned » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:49 am

Andrew wrote:I have asked AP a question about their new improved postage systems.
Anybody think I'll get an answer ?
I just want anybody thinking I'm over charging or adding onto the postage.
As an online retailer I have been asked why I am charging more for postage than what the actual postage is. The problem is the price sticker that AP puts on the parcels, and now the new bags. Say I charge a customer $15:00 postage this covers the cost of the bag, signature and post but the sticker only shows $12:45, then I need to explain to the customer that I am actually losing money. Why doesn't the postage sticker show the actual cost ?

Hi Andrew,
From memory :- The cost of signature and insurance is on top of the normal postage and whilst its listed on your receipt it's not listed on the postage label. I think it's to due with product codes (similar to bar codes) and how they are required to capture information in regard to signature and insurance. I.e So if you sent a parcel with just postage it would show the exact amount you paid. Of course prepaid packaging do not include a postage label. :smile:
Last edited by Ned on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 am

Ned wrote:Of course prepaid packaging do not include a postage label. :smile:

The new ones do, and we now pay 25 cents for the new bags
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Postby southern45 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

Twenty five cents! What AusPost service are you signed up for? We get the satchels for free..... ;-)
southern45

equipment: Four plate 5-Star copper bubbler

Postby Ned » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Andrew wrote:
Ned wrote:Of course prepaid packaging do not include a postage label. :smile:

The new ones do, and we now pay 25 cents for the new bags

Been out of the game for 5 years Thank goodness. :smile: I think the structure of Parcel Post is changing again. :handgestures-thumbdown:
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Return to 5 Star Distilling