Introducing The New FSD Blockhead

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Re: Introducing The New FSD Blockhead

Postby scarecrow » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Dang, those screw on sight glasses are a class act. Very nice indeed. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

scarecrow
scarecrow

equipment: 4" 4 plate glasser
80cm reflux column
3 ring banjo

Postby 1 2many » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

scarecrow wrote:Dang, those screw on sight glasses are a class act. Very nice indeed. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

scarecrow

I agree mate but infact the whole still is a class act. Untill you see these FSD stills up close and personal you can't realy appreciate the quality of these rigs, pics don't tell the whole story IMO best qaulity and universal still in the country.

Thanks Mac outstanding :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm

You sir are very welcome, I appreciate the feedback more than you realise.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby punchy21 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 am

1 2many wrote:
scarecrow wrote:Dang, those screw on sight glasses are a class act. Very nice indeed. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

scarecrow

I agree mate but infact the whole still is a class act. Untill you see these FSD stills up close and personal you can't realy appreciate the quality of these rigs, pics don't tell the whole story IMO best qaulity and universal still in the country.

Thanks Mac outstanding :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Have you taken her for a spin yet 12??
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby 1 2many » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 am

Not yet punchy ,she is sitting on a keg in my lounge room , I can't keep my eyes off of it still figuring out the boiler mod as it is not suited to a standard 2" keg fitting it does go on but i wouldn't recomend it 4" is the way to go.

I will make a post on Blockhead very shortly as soon as boiler is built and put pics and video up.

So close :D

Here is a not so good pic on a keg with reducer.

BlockHead (Copy).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby punchy21 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:19 am

Nice! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So she's just sitting in the corner staring at you, begging for you to run her... I think I'd have to pull her apart and put her away - I don't think I could handle her staring back at me... :teasing-tease:
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby Linno » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi 1 2 many

nice lookin rig mate. :handgestures-thumbupleft: I have my 4 plate FSD on a 2" tri clamp connection and i havent had any probs or concerns, even with the packed ext section,although my boiler is slightly bigger so My still is slightly different to yours but Unless Mac told you otherwise i think 4" would be the 'ideal' but certainly not a necessity for these stills.
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Re: Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

Postby 1 2many » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 pm

MacStill wrote:Each 6 x 4 reducer is 180mm tall so x 2 is 360mm

This rig is for a 4" keg mount, if you wanted it to fit you would need to add a 4 x 2 reducer when you order, however I think you'd be a lot better off with the 4" keg connection.

This rig weighs in at around 25kg it's no lightweight & would put a lot of pressure/stress on a 2" keg mount I'd imagine, but that is entirely the buyers decision to make, not mine :D

G'Day linno , you could run it on a 2" reducer but I feel that a 4" connection will be a lot more stable, it will also allow me to reduce overall height of still as I intend on raising the boiler and running a 1" drain straight from the bottom.

What i want to do is invert the keg and use the 2" port as a drain connection and the put a 4" ferule on the bottom which is now the top if you get my drift. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Re: Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

Postby Linno » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:56 pm

1 2many wrote:
MacStill wrote:Each 6 x 4 reducer is 180mm tall so x 2 is 360mm

This rig is for a 4" keg mount, if you wanted it to fit you would need to add a 4 x 2 reducer when you order, however I think you'd be a lot better off with the 4" keg connection.

This rig weighs in at around 25kg it's no lightweight & would put a lot of pressure/stress on a 2" keg mount I'd imagine, but that is entirely the buyers decision to make, not mine :D

G'Day linno , you could run it on a 2" reducer but I feel that a 4" connection will be a lot more stable, it will also allow me to reduce overall height of still as I intend on raising the boiler and running a 1" drain straight from the bottom.

What i want to do is invert the keg and use the 2" port as a drain connection and the put a 4" ferule on the bottom which is now the top if you get my drift. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

gday mate

seen the exact thing done to a keg my mate got and its the best way to make a keg boiler in my book goin to be a mint set up when its done:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: ... i also saw your intended fill port/sight glass in the pic so I relaise that your getting work done anyway so why not make a four inch still connection... my comment was more for giving it a run if you already had a keg boiler with 2" ready to go. just so you could scratch the itch
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Postby 1 2many » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeah Linno I thought about it myself just to have a go :)) but i would end up getting slack and not do the job to the boiler that this still deserves.

And yes it will have a 4" still conection port
A 3" FSD SSG view port
2 x FSD SS element guards
and a 1" ss drain connected by 2" triclover clamp.

I have all the parts but as yet have not decided on legs or hight. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Introducing The New FSD Blockhead

Postby Dominator » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

What's the difference between a blockhead and a 180 bend, beside looks?
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby 1 2many » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Dominator wrote:What's the difference between a blockhead and a 180 bend, beside looks?

The only thing that I notice is a fair size Height differance then again maybe not lol:handgestures-thumbupleft:

They both look the goods :D
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah the blockhead besides the obvious is around 400mm shorter, but in no way is it a sacrifice to how it will perform :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Just recieved a package from FSD a couple of upgrades and option parts :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: Pics to come.

Cheers :D
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Soon ?

:laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 pm

MacStill wrote:Soon ?

Yeah yeah :)) :)) soooonish :O)
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby Dominator » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 pm

MacStill wrote:Soon ?

We've heard it all before Mac, make with the pictures. :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby 1 2many » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I always wanted to do a pot still run before jumping into the bubbler terittory . so in the box of goodies from FSD was a packed extension (unpacked) that i used to make up my pot still. Also got a set of the copper bling bubble cap plates oh and an extra 2" elbow so i can swing the shottie around. :D

So this pic is one of many faces of Blockhead .
Stripper.jpg

Doh forgot to put the parrot on :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am

Mate that is a monsta pot still, gotta love how versatile the FSD modular gear is :happy-partydance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Jonno » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am

I really like those quick connect fittings on the PC, right angle might suck a little thou when your running it in that mode. Can pick up straight pieces off ebay pretty cheap :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Jonno

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Star Distilling