The 4" Mac 4 SSG "Smashing Sale"

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Postby MacStill » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi everyone :greetings-waveyellow:

After lengthy discussions and negotiation with our supplier yesterday we are able to offer the 4" Mac 4 SSG at a much reduced price until January 1st 2014.

We have a locked in buy price in Australian dollars able to be paid by Paypal, what this means is we are not paying all the banks fees for international transactions and we don't have to worry about our heavily fluctuating dollar against the USD.

We have also signed a contract with a major freight company and now have set prices for importing our range of products, these prices are much better as we also pay in Aussie dollars instead of being charged USD by our supplier for freighting our goods to us.

So now we are able to offer the 4" Mac 4 SSG for $1530.00

What you get with this rig compared to the others is:

Superior design used by me, a person who has hand built, designed and developed many plated columns, and refuses to take short cuts on product quality and manufacturing materials.
The most effective bubble cap & downcomer system in the distilling world
The best designed sight glass tee out there, bar none.
Customer service & after sales support in real time over the phone if and when you need it, or via skype or email if you choose.
Reliability, trust and integrity from the 5 Star family, and the aussiedistiller.com.au forum community, I've been here since this sites inception and remain active here to this day, I've always been here and don't intend going anywhere anytime soon, unlike our competitors who are unstable and never seem to remain in one place for any length of time.
We are only intent on providing the distilling community with the highest possible quality equipment we can offer, we are not in the business of slashing prices by cutting corners and using dubious or inferior materials, and we are a local Australian company so the majority of your dollar stays here in Australia supporting a local business.
We only promote our product in a positive and ethical manner by not running other business down, we do not want world domination nor are we interested in forcing anyone out of business to build an empire, we simply want to live well doing what we love... and that is why our business is unique, because it's our hobby too and that is your "5 Star Advantage".

Now!

So we're not leaving our recent customers out on the savings we are offering a $100 store credit for everyone who has purchased a 4" Mac 4 SSG since 14/08/2013 until 29/09/2013, this store credit includes postage and you can claim your credit via emailing me through the contact button on our webstore.

Thanks for reading & your continued support.

Regards,

Allan & Sue.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: The 4" Mac 4 SSG "Smashing Sale"

Postby greenguy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Wicked deal
Love my SSG :handgestures-thumbupleft: next thing i get bubble plates :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I will let a few of my mates know bloody good price
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby 1 2many » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Folks you should realy jump on this deal it is a cracker , you will not get a better deal anyware . :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby smegory » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah I kinda regret jumping in on an original mac 4 I should of waited for this amazing offer....... bah if I buy another one they would average out cheaper :think: :music-deathmetal:
smegory

equipment: valved reflux still and an original macstill 4 plate ss bubbler

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:22 am

Here's some of what you get when you purchase the 4" Mac 4 SSG

Our bubble plate and downcomer system, the best in the business by miles.

BUBBLE PLATE.JPG

bubble cap 3.jpg

DOWNCOMER1.JPG

Our sight glass tee with the extra short branch for maximum viewing area of the plate where it counts, sure there's other imitations out there copying our original design, however they fail to meet our superior design specifications.

SSG T 4.jpg

BUBBLE CAP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am

As can easily be seen here nobody can match our engineering quality, designed by an experienced plate still builder.

mac4ssg.JPG

We may not be as cheap as others out there, we don't want to be, we are offering "premium range stills at fair prices" that are of a very high standard compared to others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby the Doctor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 am

I now have a 8 inch plate sitting on display on the tasting bar just so people can drool...it is a work of art.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby Kimbo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 am

Wow! that's a pretty damn good deal.
At that price, its not really worth the headache of building your own ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby TBone » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Saving plan has commenced!

:happy-partydance:
TBone

equipment: 5 Star Mac 4 SSG
50L keg boiler
Grainfather brewing system

Postby 1 2many » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:24 pm

TBone wrote:Saving plan has commenced!

:happy-partydance:

Plan worth saving for mate , and i am sure you will scrounge every buck you can :D
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby wedwards » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah same here - will get it in December I hope
wedwards

equipment: Reflux still

Re: The 4

Postby 1 2many » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 pm

wedwards wrote:Yeah same here - will get it in December I hope

Congrats mate wait till you see it . :D your jaw will drop :)) :))
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

OK everyone,

We have been absolutely smashed with orders over the last few weeks, and at the moment only 1 of these units is available from my next incoming shipment due around 5th December.

If people would like to guarantee acquisition of one of these rigs you need to be talking to me now for pre xmas delivery, get in early to avoid disappointment guys, I've only got a few days to order extras for delivery around about a week before santa arrives.

We also have a 4 plate 6" rig ready to go out for delivery 1st week in december.

Cheers.
Last edited by MacStill on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: drunken typo lol
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Frothwizard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:07 am

Jeesh, way to put the pressure on Mac.

The Mrs promised me one...but we're under the pump a bit due to us hosting a massive Christmas bash this year...I was pretty much expecting that I'd have to buy it early next year once we'd 'Caught Up'...but when you put it in writing...

Decisions decisions...
Frothwizard

equipment: - Airstill
- FSD 4" 5 Plate Bubbler w/ Packed Section
- 50L Keg Boiler w/ 2 x 2400W Weldless Elements

Postby Dingo Charlie » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:12 am

Hi All,

My first post so go easy on me....
Is this beast going to be too much for a noob like me to handle. I am yet to purchase a still (don't want to make one), the above 4" looks like a F1 race car, should I be starting with a go kart. I love my rum and whiskeys but will have to make some neutrals and flavour them up to keep the Mrs happy with my purchase also( I'll handle a vodka if I have to :-D ). I am after quality not quantity. The sight glasses on this look better than the portals on the titantic but am I going to smash into an iceberg? I can't wait to kick this off like a dead lepers head but should I start on some basic reflux still?
Does this come with the element....? Should I have emailed the "BigMac"....um I mean Macstill ^:)^ through the 5 star website, re the above?

Dingo
P.S I think I have read this forum site cover to cover......nice work all involved it is a beautiful place to hang out, gonna go do the mowing now and then kick back with a Bushmills 10 year Irish whiskey...love this drop, can't wait to emulate it
Dingo Charlie

equipment: MAC 4" FSD Bubble Plate Still
FSD 4" packed section (full of copper mesh)
50L keg boiler
Twin 2400W Elements with power controller
1000L IBC and Pump

Postby tipsy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:56 am

Dingo Charlie wrote:Is this beast going to be too much for a noob like me to handle.

No, they are dead easy to use and though they may seem expensive at first look, I reckon pound for pound they are cheap compared to anything else on the market. (quality wise)
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:59 am

Dingo Charlie wrote:Hi All,

My first post so go easy on me....
Is this beast going to be too much for a noob like me to handle. I am yet to purchase a still (don't want to make one), the above 4" looks like a F1 race car, should I be starting with a go kart. I love my rum and whiskeys but will have to make some neutrals and flavour them up to keep the Mrs happy with my purchase also( I'll handle a vodka if I have to :-D ). I am after quality not quantity. The sight glasses on this look better than the portals on the titantic but am I going to smash into an iceberg? I can't wait to kick this off like a dead lepers head but should I start on some basic reflux still?
Does this come with the element....? Should I have emailed the "BigMac"....um I mean Macstill ^:)^ through the 5 star website, re the above?

Dingo

Hi & Welcome Dingo,

As Tipsy says they're very easy to run, quite a few novices have started out with one of these rigs & with a little guidence get it down pat in a couple of runs.

The price only includes the still head.... Boilers, elements & other add ons are available to purchase separately through the 5 star store, or via email contact through the store's contact links.

Cheers,

Mac.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Frothwizard wrote:Jeesh, way to put the pressure on Mac.

The Mrs promised me one...but we're under the pump a bit due to us hosting a massive Christmas bash this year...I was pretty much expecting that I'd have to buy it early next year once we'd 'Caught Up'...but when you put it in writing...

Decisions decisions...

Only you can make that decision mate ;-)

I've got more stills on order for arrival around the 18th to 20th December, at this stage there's about 8 rigs available in that shipment but that's changing daily, these will be the last chance for one of these by xmas.... the next lot won't be till mid january.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Frothwizard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Sent you a PM mate. :happy-partydance:
Frothwizard

equipment: - Airstill
- FSD 4" 5 Plate Bubbler w/ Packed Section
- 50L Keg Boiler w/ 2 x 2400W Weldless Elements

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:50 pm

MacStill wrote:
I've got more stills on order for arrival around the 18th to 20th December, at this stage there's about 8 rigs available in that shipment but that's changing daily, these will be the last chance for one of these by xmas.... the next lot won't be till mid january.

Cheers.

OK just re counted make that 5 available.... :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Next

Return to 5 Star Distilling