big shout out to 5 star

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

big shout out to 5 star

Postby liquidart » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Recieved a few boxes of gear from mac today an couldnt get out of work quick enough.
Started unwrapping the shiny goodness only to find the fabled bubble wrap obstructing my view.
A little time later after a bit of a struggle i got to froth over the shiny bubbling monster in all its glory.
Pieced it together after figuring out how the bottom plate fits in ( decided the seal fits best by placing it under the six inch plate)
and then the other 4 inch modules which were straight up as the seal seats around the plate.
Mounted it on the new boiler and stared for quite a while sipping on a few bevs.
This rig dwarfs my old still spirits copper t500 in fact now my pc is the same size as the entire old rig.

Thinking i feel a sickie coming on soon,as iv got 60l of rum sat with about 3 litres of 90% strips in it to raise the abv a little.

Aw yea god bless mac.
Youv made my year mate. :dance:
liquidart

equipment: 30l and 100l fermenters,fsd mongrel, 50l boiler

Re: big shout out to 5 star

Postby MacStill » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 pm

You're very welcome mate, that rig was run & tested before being sent off.... it was a sad day to see it leave, one I wanted to keep myself ;-)

So I built another :))

Hope it satisfies your every need, its a great rig and has been run by the mongrel :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Enjoy !
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby liquidart » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Oh if it runs as good as it smells im sure my rum will be very happy once its purified by this beast.
Im very grateful that you managed to part with it can see why you wouldnt want to let it go.
Pics of it dwarfing the hbs rig to come.
The hard part is i am already thinking about what could come next to make it even better :teasing-neener:

Maybe a 8 inch thumper, but would a fifty litre boiler supply enough ethanol to make it worthwile maybe thats where itd be overkill. I guess testing is in order friday i might definitely have the flu.
liquidart

Postby liquidart » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Pics will have to wait as the files to big need to get near a computer to shrink em down a bit ohwell happy days :happy-partydance:
liquidart

Postby Canuck » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:07 am

you r 1 fortunate person mate. Mac is in your backyard and you have the cabbage to buy his amazing wares! good on you! must feel like Christmas :D morning. have fun
Canuck

equipment: 44" *2" VM column with double wound condenser. modular 3" VM/pot (214 cm vm,160cm pot), 50 cm 2" shot pc 4*1/2", triple wound condenser with cold finger

Postby Johnny B Shiney » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:05 pm

yeah I too would like to say a big shout out to five star.
Picked up a few bits from Macs place today. Ive only bought a handful of stuff to keep me rolling but the advice from Mac has been fantastic to say the least, the info he is happy to share is helping me no end.
Thank goodness we have him and this forum!!!!!
Johnny B Shiney

equipment: pot still

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:29 pm

You're welcome mate, it's so much easier dealing with customers face to face than via email..... and I get to ramble too :))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to 5 Star Distilling