Voltage Controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Voltage Controller

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Ahhh ok then,well i'm sure with all the knowledge around here,we can come up with some BIG ideas :handgestures-thumbupleft: especially if SHE (who must be obeyed) wants the naked flames out of the shed.....as long as she knows it's gunna cost :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby stubbydrainer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

that was an argument for the status quo, but it didn't work, so I'm left with no option , I have to do what I am told ( for once ) :dance: :dance:
I've started with a 18 gal keg :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:26 pm

#Well that's a good starting point,18gal keg =60l ferments.
#4" perf plate= 12-15l/hr whilst doing a stripping run using the 747
#I can do a 180l strip using Mac's 4"er (perf plate that is :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: ) in about 4.5hrs from start to finish-about 1.5hrs heat up time
#35 amps at the shed already (correct?)
#my sparky mate that just left reckons with twin 15amp plugs you could easily run 2x4000 watt elements
#wattage of the BD747=Fuck nose :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
#I personally reckon,jam 2x3600-4000 watt elements up it's arse,hook em up to the little black box,pretty sure you'll be able to run one at full noise and the other you can fine tune with.Those 4"ers can handle some HP
PS It'll heat up fkn quick :text-lol:
PPS I hear by accePt no responsibility for anybodies actions reading this!!!
Name and address withheld :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby R-sole » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:04 am

stubbydrainer wrote:
5Star wrote:Best is the 825 sheathed element..2512bl. The 800 one is second best ... 1329bl

Last one i bought was a fair few years ago now, but around $50

Just got a price on the 2512BL they are now $144.44 inc gst + post, + a 2 week wait, cos they have to make them as they are no longer a stock item :(

The other one will do you just as well mate. I bet the price on that one is heaps better.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby stubbydrainer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 am

:text-worthless:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby MacStill » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 am

stubbydrainer wrote::text-worthless:

And you know all to well why they arent here, don't you?
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby ChefRo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 am

bump

Just finished my psr box.... used 250 k pot like suggested... works on a light.. only have 75% range but i am sure it will be enough. :handgestures-thumbupleft: ....
Used a PC heat sink with a fan attached. and a fan from a pc power supply to keep the air moving through the box... all run of a stripped usb cable... works quite well
Wasnt too hard but we will see how long it lasts. It will need some tidying up ..
will post pics later on when i figure out how to down size the pics.... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
ChefRo

equipment: 50l 2inch pot
90l S/S Bubbler
power controller
running out of bells and whistles to get

Postby Brendan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 am

ChefRo wrote: will post pics later on when i figure out how to down size the pics.... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Open the pic on your screen (fullscreen), hit the print screen button ("PrtScr")...open up Microsoft Paint...hit "Paste"...then "Save" (if you know how, you can crop it here too ie. cut bits of the picture out)...when the save box comes up, choose where you want it saved and choose save as file type "JPEG"...

This is one way anyway...should take a 2MB pic down to about 100kB, and gets rid of any geotagging data as you're essentially creating a new pic by taking a photo of your screen while the image is open on it... :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby maheel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:57 am

my "easy' way for uploading a pic

open with microsoft office picture manager
select edit picture in the middle at the top
select resize over r on the right of the screen
use drop down pre-defined select box and select web large (normally about 100kb)
then save

then use the upload attachment in the forum post down the bottom when posting
browse to find your pic
then add file
type a message and submit
maheel

Postby Brendan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Just don't forget to look up about "geotagging data", so that you can eliminate this if pictures are taken on a smart phone or something similar... ;-)
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware