My mega fuggly adjustable pot still

Pot still design and discussion

My mega fuggly adjustable pot still

Postby crow » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Good afternoon ladies and Gentlemen (drum roll ) I built my first pot still in a word chuffed :-D :happy-partydance: . I can't wait to check it out for leaks and vapor knock down :animals-dogrun: , I built it as described in my 2 in 1 thread except it has a sealed 1/4" tube brazed in the top to take a removable thermometer . Leibig condenser is 1750mm long , lyne arm is fully adjustable to go right or left at any angle . ugly as a busted arse but who gives a toss log as it works :handgestures-fingerscrossed: I'll clean it up take pics and see if I can work out how to post them
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: My mega fuggly adjustable pot still

Postby Kimbo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 pm

:text-worthless:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby stubbydrainer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 pm

hey CE
you have a typo there, it says your liebig is 1750mm long
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby crow » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 pm

1: I know , dunder head when it comes to computers but I'll work it out I hope
2: No its long to keep the product away from open flames
Forgot to add the pot head can unscrew and my reflux column can screw straight on , goodbye pissy little 5ltr boiler :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Cane Toad » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Congrats CE,just in time to give her a run on the weekend,well done :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:15 am

Yeah rough rush job for the fig experiment , cleaning run tomorrow then I'll do a test run with heads , tails and maybe a box of that krusty sunnyvale moz or what ever's cheap . anyway brushed it with hydrocloric washed it off with milk of lime and then water come up a treat , still looks like a copper fire hydrant though
crow

Postby stubbydrainer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:14 am

kimbo wrote: :text-worthless:

:text-+1: :text-yeahthat:
:text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest: :text-protest:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah well I can't work out how to send an email on this poxy new smart phone htc piece of shit says they're being sent but they aint Its a desire s ,the most user unfriendly fucking thing I ever had so i might have to go and see telstra before I can post anything :angry-banghead: . Gives me a chance to shine it maybe stick it on the keg . picked up the triclover ,looked in the plastic bag when I got home it had 2 ss flanges and seal with it don't need the flanges at this stage is that normally how they sell them seems pretty cheap .
crow

Postby R-sole » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:33 pm

If you got the whole union for $9:80 i know where i'll be shopping in future.

Do they have a website?
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 pm

No it ended up $11:30 yes just google Vic Stainless Sales . Man wish I could post pics just pulled the spear out , piss in the park after reading up on here got the head on all shiny geez it looks like something far out can't wait to test it PS you know what fuck waiting til Monday I'll see if I can get a new sim card from my young sons krusty old phone and send pic's with that
crow

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: don't worry CE,I had the same problem downloading pic's,download photobucket,it's the easiest way,fuck if I could work it out,I'm sure you can.I'm pretty sure Stig had a link here somewhere,I'll see if I can find it for y'all
Cane Toad

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Here we go mate,I may have a smart phone,but there is a dumb prick using it :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=138&p=925&hilit=Photobucket#p925
Let's see of this works :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby devotus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 pm

ok so um....will be good to see the pics ????
Last edited by devotus on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devotus

equipment: copper alembic pot still
+
1.5 inch VM column

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 pm

here goes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crow

Postby Kimbo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 pm

well done crow,
not bad at all mate :clap: :clap:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 pm

I probably wont need to do this now as I have 2 spare flanges i may as well just make an adapter up for the reflux column either way I'd be removing the lid in the pic of cause
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crow

Postby SBB » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Punkins gunna love ya......but personaly I think the pics are kinda hard to see..........bit bigger please :D
From the thread title I had an image of a real pile of shit stuck in my head............it looks pretty good to me :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
PS love the "get the fuck away from the flame" Condenser.........it seems to be something some overlook.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby crow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 pm

yeah it looked a bit atrocious before I cleaned it some of that copper is over a hundred yrs old
crow

Postby crow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:00 am

Closer pics during the cleaning run
crow

Postby SBB » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 am

Mate im getting eye strain trying to look at those photos.............Its not atrocious....just way to small to get a proper gizz at it .
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Next

Return to Pot Stills