cooling requirements

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: cooling requirements

Postby woodduck » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm

woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Redux » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:46 pm

twentytwo250 wrote:I have just purchased a Neutralizer and am looking for the simplest condenser hookup. My intension is to feed water from the water main into the 2" condenser out into the 4" condenser and then out of the 4" to the sewer. My question is, would the water from the 2" be too hot for the 4" condenser, and what flow rate should I use.

you need separate supplies to each cooler... you throttle the output with the Reflux Condenser and condense the vapour that got past it with the Product Condenser...

therefore you need to be able to adjust your r/c flow to almost nothing while running your p/c flat out to condense output.
Redux

equipment: 5 plate bubbler with 500mm packed section on a 50lt gasser keg ...
set up in a wee shed....

Postby Geeps » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Redux wrote:
twentytwo250 wrote:I have just purchased a Neutralizer and am looking for the simplest condenser hookup. My intension is to feed water from the water main into the 2" condenser out into the 4" condenser and then out of the 4" to the sewer. My question is, would the water from the 2" be too hot for the 4" condenser, and what flow rate should I use.

you need separate supplies to each cooler... you throttle the output with the Reflux Condenser and condense the vapour that got past it with the Product Condenser...

therefore you need to be able to adjust your r/c flow to almost nothing while running your p/c flat out to condense output.

:text-+1: Ya need the r/c control (don't keep playing with it small changes only till you get to know your still there all different)and run the p/c to whatever knocks it down :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Woody put up the good post to set it up.

If you can you should look at an IBC or tank so the water isn't going down the drain :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Geeps

equipment: Rose oil extractor

Postby MacStill » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Also running of mains water can be an issue if your water pressure fluctuates, turn a washing machine on, flush the dunny or mrs decides to water the garden during a run and your output will be all over the place.

A dedicated pump & coolant recirculating supply is the way to go if you can, here's a link to how best set up cooling system on an FSD bubbler if you havnt already seen it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5400#p90942

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills